Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have noticed that the rear brake pedal on my '04 vn750 is a bit low. before I blindly attempt to adjust it I thought I would ask here. Can anyone "walk" me through the brake adjustment process?

as always your responses are much appreciated.

Stan
vroc #12293
'04 vn750
'02 bayou atv(recovering after a meeting with a tree!)

·
Registered
161 Posts
As long as your pedal is still at the right height all you have to do is put it up on the center stand and then make your adjustments. First see if the wheel spins freely. If it does then turn the adjustment nut 1/2 revolution (It's the nut that is on the rod that goes from the brake pedal to the back brakes near the drum.) Spin the wheel and try your brakes. If it's not tight enough and you still spin freely give it another 1/2 turn. Do this until the brake gets back to where you like it. If you go to far jus back off on the nut a half turn or two.

I just did mine about a week ago.

·
Registered
157 Posts
For an 04 I presume you still have the owners manual (or 'MOM'). I think they have a fairly good explanation of this in there. I just did my PM yesterday and pretty much followed the MOM for each step.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll check the owners manual. I think I'm going to order a clymers for the future though

Stan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not to sound like a complete dunce, but I haven't picked up my bike yet... I take it this means the rear brakes are linkage actuated, not hydraulic?

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Yes, they are standard drum brakes in the rear, mechanical linkage..

RB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts