Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read about the diffrent sized jets people have used. just trying to get some feed back about what size you used and where you happy with it after. like, was the proformance what you thought it would be. did it increase your top speed.

thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Hey, didn't see you had posted this in the carb section too. Here's my reply from the newbie section -

I rejetted 42, 42, 140, 142.

It stopped the popping and backfiring on decel and it seemed to run smoother and stronger as compared to after the ear shave and before rejetting, maybe a tad smoother than before the ear shave as well.

As far a s top speed, I have never tested it either before or after!

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Hey, didn't see you had posted this in the carb section too. Here's my reply from the newbie section -
Do the two 42 jets go on the same carb??? And the other two go on the other carb??? Which go on the front carb and which go on the rear??

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Sorry, I should have specified. For the front carb I used a #42 pilot jet and #140 main jet and the rear carb got a #42 and a #142. The rear gets a bigger main jet because it tends to run hotter and a richer mixture will help it run cooler.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'm still working on my nonjetting shave. Everythings working out good so far, just got alot of polishing to do behind those old ears! lol
I should have answers of it working proper or not by the weekend.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm running 140 mains, 40 pilots on both carbs, one shim under each needle. A/F mix screws are at 3.75 turns out on the rear carb, and 4 turns out on the front one. With and without one shim didn't make much difference; two might, but I'm in no hurry to play with it right now.

I could prolly improve things a bit more by going to 142 mains, but hey; I'm happy with it the way it is, and my mileage hasn't suffered that much from stock.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts