Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was big rep's Idea ,I am not trying to take credit for it.We were talking about how hard it is to find motorcycle gear that is sized like regular clothes.So if you have had a good experience with a particular brand or product here is your chance ,The idea is to find out who we can order our clothing from without the hassle of sending it back,We want to talk about safety equipment for personal wear not bike accessories.Helmets, Jackets, Rain gear ,gloves ,shoes,boots and the like .Wanna help out?
I'll start I Have an ExElement Jacket that I bought from Motorcycle superstore that is sized like their chart says.I have a pair of River Road gloves that have the gel inserts that are good quality for a fair price,I have a Vega Altura helmet that fits but is rather noisy and I am looking for some riding pants/kevlar jeans in size 44 ,if you know who sells them let me know.
now the down side Jafrum Leather coats are about 3 sizes smaller than the tag says ,EXl is close on their sizing but have very cheap zipper.

·
Registered
707 Posts
dont worry about credit denny.... i see it as a group project.....

now i have a powertrip mesh jacket whose model excapes me at the moment... it fits pretty close to normal however it can e restrictive at times and the collar seems a bit stiff and sharp..

olympia gel insert gloves with the hard nuckles - very comfortable with alot of venting.... hard knucks didnt withstand an hour with my dog so im not sure how they would have done in a crash but because of comfort i would deffinetly buy them again...(i have thick paws and they fit good)

scorpion exo 400 - great venting and very stable in the wind. cheek padding is a little hard even after 2 riding seasons... they have aftermarket chin skirts that once put on make it very quiet..... only thing i notice is when you turn your head from side to side the vents whistle from the wind...

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
hahaha i got you beat by 40 lbs....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got in from 40 miles of rain and hail .I got lucky and was gassing up when the hail started,and waited that out and put on the rainsuit I found on clearance at a Honda/Kawasaki shop.It is a River Road 2 piece suit with a detachable hood,which will probably stay detached,size 3xl .I wear size 44 pantsand a 54 Jacket and this thing fits me and the surprise is it don't leak!It is made of vinyl has good zipper on the jacket with a velcro storm flap over it.the pants have stirrups to keep them from riding up and they unsnap to above the knee and expand so you can put them on over your shoes.Down side an elastic waist with no suspenders,but i have to admit I had no problem with them,I just don't like elastic,also they would probably melt if they came in contact with hot engine parts ,and not enough reflective material ,one small triangle on the jacket back,Up side velcro closures on the cuff and sleeves and plastic snaps to keep the legs tight.and all the high stress areas have reinforced joints.I would rate it a 4 out of 5 ,simply because it did what it was supposed to i.e. keep me dry and it was the size it said it was.this is the second piece of River Road equipment I have bought and I have been satisfied with both,and the rain suit did come of the clearance rack so the price of 32 bucks was right.I own a camo Goretex outfit that doesn't keep me any drier and it cost $250.

·
Registered
129 Posts
bikebandit.com has a really good selection of riding gear and the prices are usually better than dealers or superstores. Plus they try to accommodate bigger sizes as far as I know. I'm also looking for a decent looking pair of kevlar jeans. I don't know how well my American Eagle jeans would hold up in a slide...

·
Rev. Dr.
33 Posts
For those of you with big heads who are finding it hard to get a helmet that fits...

I spent a good couple months trying to find a full-face helmet that fits me. I even tried some 3XL's that were too small. I finally settled on a Bell "Star" model size XL. I can wear it all day with no discomfort. It has great venting, so I hardly ever break a sweat (as long as I'm cruising), even in 90+ degree weather. Can't say enough good things about this helmet.

Lists for $500+ on some sites. Got mine from DSR Powersports in Omaha for less than $400. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a Fieldsheer Eagle jacket based on the chart, it was two sizes too big (4x vs. 2x). The Fieldsheer Apollo 2 pants were spot on. The 3X fit my 44 waist just fine.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
having experience with jeans on asphalt ,they last about five feet before being useless at around 40 mph I would love to find decent riding pants in larger sizes,fat people ride too.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
bikebandit.com has a really good selection of riding gear and the prices are usually better than dealers or superstores. Plus they try to accommodate bigger sizes as far as I know. I'm also looking for a decent looking pair of kevlar jeans. I don't know how well my American Eagle jeans would hold up in a slide...[/QUOTE]

About 3 feet.:(

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Joe Rocket Jackets tend to run true to size - I wear an XXL and both of mine fit fine. Power Trip mesh jacket in XXL fit perfect, maybe loose even without the liner. Power Trip Leather - go up one size. Joe Rocket Gloves tend to run small - I wear an XL in gloves and mine are a tad snug, and not in the comfy way either. Cortech gloves are spot on in XL. Cortech riding jeans are fantastic. Got mine in a 40 and they were just right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts