Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm searching for simple directions on swapping out a clutch cable and bleeding brakes. I'm puttin on mini apes on my sportster. So I google this and the top answers are from HDFORUMS.com. Seems like Every question was answered with, "do you have a manual?" "Get a manual" "Don't trust the people on the internet, get a manual." So I flipped out, joined the forum and responded"
----------------
Good god almighty, this forum is so flippin lame. Do you people not have a clue about how to fix anything? Most forums post directions, pics, videos and whatever, all in an effort to help out. You guys should just have a forum called, HDManualForum.com. Come on in! But hey, bring a manual! We want to hear from you! But hey! Don't ask us, get a manual!

You see, the power of the Internet is that it's a giant MANUAL.

Ok, I'm done.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
So I'm searching for simple directions on swapping out a clutch cable and bleeding brakes. I'm puttin on mini apes on my sportster. So I google this and the top answers are from HDFORUMS.com. Seems like Every question was answered with, "do you have a manual?" "Get a manual" "Don't trust the people on the internet, get a manual." So I flipped out, joined the forum and responded"
----------------
Good god almighty, this forum is so flippin lame. Do you people not have a clue about how to fix anything? Most forums post directions, pics, videos and whatever, all in an effort to help out. You guys should just have a forum called, HDManualForum.com. Come on in! But hey, bring a manual! We want to hear from you! But hey! Don't ask us, get a manual!

Ok, I'm done.
LOL

Sounds like they are waiting for you to figure the Manual out....so they can ask you "How To Advice" .....

LOL :rockon:

...have a vulcan good day!

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
----------------

Ok, I'm done.
Some forums are ok, the Camaro one I'm on is pretty good. The vast majority of them are filled with people who know they're anonymous and so you get the worst versions of those people. Apparently the personalities that are attracted to the Vulcan 750 are the same ones that refuse to allow the internet's anonymity to detract from their usual class of character. It is thee one thing that makes this forum FAR better than any other. My friend, you have been "VN750.com" spoiled. So have the rest of us and if I may, we wouldn't have it any other way. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,036 Posts
The reponse "get a manual" should only be typed at the end of an explaination.

e.g. "How do I remove the headlight to get to the wiring?

There's a Philips screw on each side, remove these and be careful not to lose the tiny bushing it fits into. Pull the headlight out and up.
Many answers like this can be found in the owners manual or any shop manual. It's a good idea to pick one up if you plan on keeping the bike."

Seems the folks at the HD forum must be totally clueless on how to work on their bike, or are just lazy douches. Surprised really they didn't say "take it to the dealer"...LOL

Speaking of which, You should get a manual for that thing........

·
Registered
58 Posts
----------------

Ok, I'm done.

Well maybe it speaks to the general gene pool of people who are buying them!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,317 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,317 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,317 Posts
Not all Harley owners are like that.might just be the forum.the guys on xlforum are pretty friendly and helpful.I and a few others on here own Harley's and last I checked my parents weren't sisters;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Xlforum.net has a lot of useful stuff on it and helpful Sportster riders. Goofy is clearly ranting about the HDforum.

-Sloppy

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Xlforum.net has a lot of useful stuff on it and helpful Sportster riders. Goofy is clearly ranting about the HDforum.

-Sloppy
Yes! I am on XL and it's good. More Ironhead stuff looks like though. But yes they are helpful.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,317 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Come stop by ChopCult....its the "one stop" forum for all makes as long as you dont metion the word "dealer"....lol

The HD forum I noticed (I been there lookin fer parts) is now full of just noobs and yuppies....lotta annoying adverts and bad scripts too...oh crap....hope VerticalScope dont own it, lol....

No....not quite....and you just insulted a few members here as well....:loser1::BLAM::rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Seems the folks at the HD forum must be totally clueless on how to work on their bike, or are just lazy douches. Surprised really they didn't say "take it to the dealer"...LOL

Yeah, that's a real hoot, considering that's the only info you responded with in one of my threads about DIY bike repair. " :) "

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,317 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,036 Posts
Yeah, that's a real hoot, considering that's the only info you responded with in one of my threads about DIY bike repair. " :) "
That's because I likely believed it was the best course of action for YOU....:)

We also tell folks here to use the search function to get answers. Guess that's being dikky too?

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
That's because I likely believed it was the best course of action for YOU....:)
Hmm, funny, it wasn't worded that way at all. But I knew you'd backpedal. LOL " :) "

edit: BTW, I never take anything to the dealer, or even a shop.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm, funny, it wasn't worded that way at all. But I knew you'd backpedal. LOL " :) "

edit: BTW, I never take anything to the dealer, or even a shop.
I bought my VN from a mechanic and he said he had cleaned the carbs. Well the boots were crooked and after I cleaned them, they really ran well. So thinking that just being a mechanic doesn't make you a good mechanic.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts