Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to bikes, so I apologize if this seems simple to some. I have a 1991 vulcan vn750. I had it given to me by a relative, had to get it running as it sat in a barn for years. I got it running quite nice, rode to work for a month no issue. I got off work, started it and then when i began to drive away it died. Hasn't run since. When I check the fuses the main 30 a (i think its 30) is shot. I put a new one in, turn the key and you can hear it snap when the key is turned. I do not know where to start looking. I am fearful that the stator is shot being the issues associated with stator replacement.

What would be a good place for em to start probing into ?

Thanks.. Brian

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I am new to bikes, so I apologize if this seems simple to some. I have a 1991 vulcan vn750. I had it given to me by a relative, had to get it running as it sat in a barn for years. I got it running quite nice, rode to work for a month no issue. I got off work, started it and then when i began to drive away it died. Hasn't run since. When I check the fuses the main 30 a (i think its 30) is shot. I put a new one in, turn the key and you can hear it snap when the key is turned. I do not know where to start looking. I am fearful that the stator is shot being the issues associated with stator replacement.

What would be a good place for em to start probing into ?

Thanks.. Brian
tailight wires would be a good place to start ,under the seat and in the housing,as the tailight comes on as soon as the key is turned to the on position,that's as good a place as any to start

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
Remove the plasic covers in front of the tank. When it's dark, turn it on and look around the neck where the frame joins the front end. You may see a spark. I had a wire that had rubbed and was shorting out. Don't remember which fuse was blowing though.

·
2,506 Posts
Remove the plasic covers in front of the tank. When it's dark, turn it on and look around the neck where the frame joins the front end. You may see a spark. I had a wire that had rubbed and was shorting out. Don't remember which fuse was blowing though.
I had that issue with the wires that go under the front covers around the neck to the headlight. A wire rubbing somewhere is probably the problem, you just need to find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts