Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So am I the only one clocking on rain riding experience?

Seems to be raining here everyday for about an hour or so in the evenings. We've had 50%+ chance for rain everyday, but if it isnt raining when I go out the door, I ride to work regardless what the weather prediction is.

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
In a word: no!!!

Here recently, I did a trip on my bike to the northern GA area.

I stayed in rainfall most of the way home--below Macon, GA.

Usually, I don't leave my place without my Frogg Toggs.

A good windshield, a good full-face helmet, good boots, a set of FTs, and the right gloves, and the VN750 is a great rain-or-shine machine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rainman got me today on the way home from work. I almost made it too, a mile away from home and an unbelievable downpour that lasted until 2 minutes AFTER I made it home lol.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Deffinatly clocking in some rain miles in ohio lately. I bought a "Hurricane" rain suit just so I could keep riding. Yup, not too bad in the rain. My helmet leaks alittle around the shield in heavy rain. Other than that not too bad! I kinda like it!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I luckily haven't had many rain rides lately.
Thought for sure I would for the cruise up to the Erie Ride,
but the skies cleared and the sun was shining all weekend long. :smiley_th
But even if it woulda rained, I was still going.
Foxhound & Sunpa got it pretty good though. :mad:

·
Registered
236 Posts
We've been getting quite a bit of rain in SE TX too. If I wait until there's no chance of rain to ride, I'd never ride. I don't even listen to the weather forecast any more, if it's not raining when I leave the house, I'm on two wheels. If I get wet on the way home it's not a big deal, I have dry clothes there. The first wet ride was quite the pucker moment, but it has gotten better. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don’t enjoy ridding in the rain at all. So don’t ride into work if it’s over about 30% chance of rain. So I will just have to ride on the weekends and try to outrun the clouds

·
Registered
141 Posts
Being that I'm in western Washington state I clock quite a few rainy rides also. But I live only 3.2 miles from work so my rides are short and when I get home I pull in directly under the carport.
It gets dark early here during a large portion of the year and between the dark and the rain I make sure that I have on a good highly reflective vest when riding home from work in the mornings.
While the vest doesn't speak much for my fashion-sense, being seen speaks volumes for my survival-sense.
For such a short ride I don't mind not having a windshield but that's soon to be a purchase for longer movements.
Between now and then I have a good supply of Rain-X for the helmet visor.
Operationally, the bike doesn't seem to care if it rains or not.

·
Geek
872 Posts
I don't ride in the rain. That said in the past two months I have taken the cage to work four times. I had to wash it the other day just to get the dust off of it. It's getting really dry around here, we need some rain.....

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Yup... us northweters either ride in the rain - or ride for 2 months of the year.

Had a little "oops" the other day (first real rain of the season) - hit a tar patch at the entrance to the neighborhood and went sideways - hurt my pride more than me or the bike - but was a reminder to watch my butt when it's raining.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts