Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.. I am looking for some rain gear. The local shop has tour master elite II rain wear that seems pretty nice for what I need. Then getting online I've heard a lot about the "frogg toggs" actually the "leep froggs" and was wondering if anyone has a pair or tried a pair and could give an opinion. price is about the same. tour master being $17 more but local, toggs are mail order. Thanks!

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I've had frogg toggs for about a year and love em and hate em. On those warm rainy days where I have to make a couple stops they're great - they breathe well but keep me dry. They've held up for a year of daily riding (no idea of how much of that is in the rain)... Do NOT expect them to be super durable - you probably will get a leak or two when ya accidentally contact the exhaust pipe. My pants are starting to get a couple holes and I'm not positive whether I'll be replacing em with frogg toggs or "normal" rain pants (the jacket NEEDS to be frogg toggs because of the breathability thing)

One of these days I'm going to pick up a tyvec suit (which FT's are made of) and see how it compares - should do about the same and they're about $3-5 bucks for a 1 piece "disposable" suit....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts