Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have one installed on their vulcan? was looking at a couple of systems starting at 100 bucks and need thoughts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
IPOD works well and more versatible since I keep one handy for work. The sound isn't blown away as bad at higher speeds.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Not meanin to be funny, but....I put an 8 track player on an old Harley I had....split a pair of headphones for speakers....worked ok to about 40mph....Im dead serious too....

Id check the local scrapyards and Craigs for dressers....you could mebbe get a whole setup for cheap....

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
You still need to be cautious of overloading your electrical system on the bike.
Shark motorcycle amps & speakers are decent. Hooks up to you iPod, phone etc.
I have two sets of their speakers. I can hear them at 70.
But then again, my setup is not typical. I'm running my phone thru an old school boosting equalizer so I can correctly kill the bad bass & keep the sound clear.

But I've got more juice than most to play with! ;)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
But I've got more juice than most to play with!

....lol....sorry brother....but that statement is OPEN to ballbustin now ya know, lol....

Im still bellylaughin....frickin cryin !!!....lolol....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
You still need to be cautious of overloading your electrical system on the bike.
Shark motorcycle amps & speakers are decent. Hooks up to you iPod, phone etc.
I have two sets of their speakers. I can hear them at 70.
But then again, my setup is not typical. I'm running my phone thru an old school boosting equalizer so I can correctly kill the bad bass & keep the sound clear.

But I've got more juice than most to play with! ;)
x2 on the Shark audio systems.
as kanuck states, they can be heard clearly at 70mph. However, (at least in my setup) that is in part due to having a larger windshield. When I ran without a windshield, or even a smaller one, the wind noise at highway speed made it a little harder to hear.
Also, I wear ear plugs when riding, which eliminates a lot of the wind noise and makes the music easier to hear.

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
I got in ear-earphones. The noise reduction type. Kills two birds with one stone ....cuts wind noise even when not playing music and when I am, I don't have to turn it up real loud to hear it.

At some point I hope to have a Bluetooth intercom which allows me to use my own earphones, so I can either listen to my wife, music, GPS instructions or phone calls.

I'm too much of an audiophile to listen to music through tiny crappy speakers...;)

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Not meanin to be funny, but....I put an 8 track player on an old Harley I had....split a pair of headphones for speakers....worked ok to about 40mph....Im dead serious too....

Id check the local scrapyards and Craigs for dressers....you could mebbe get a whole setup for cheap....
Wolffie, You can't even find 8 track tapes anymore. Welcome to the new century.:hitanykey

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...toooooooo frickin cool brah....:rockon: You can still find 8 tracks...especially around here at yard sales...its the players that are tough, lol....a working one....and hay....I still put them vinyl disks on a turntable....some aint been reproduced yet....

I got the original "Meet the Beetles"....gonna sell it too....that should feed me fer awile....

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
...toooooooo frickin cool brah....:rockon: You can still find 8 tracks...especially around here at yard sales...its the players that are tough, lol....a working one....and hay....I still put them vinyl disks on a turntable....some aint been reproduced yet....

I got the original "Meet the Beetles"....gonna sell it too....that should feed me fer awile....

I own many vinyls....20-30........

300-400 hrs of Reel- to Reel (over 100) ......early 50's - mid 80's @ 3 3/4 ips.

:smiley_th

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts

I have it too, in uncut cellophane. My dad bought every Beatles album by the 2's... one vinyl he would open, the other went into the "Vault". He also gave me his whole Pink Floyd and Eric Clapton albums... after he converted them all to MP3 of course... There is nothing that sounds better than a brand new vinyl played on a top notch table, with a good needle.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Dude....you know what you could get fer just a few of them ????....about 30 acres of land, and a brandy new Vaquero....

Id be so far back in the woods, I couldnt be found unless i wanted to be....lol

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Dude....you know what you could get fer just a few of them ????....about 30 acres of land, and a brandy new Vaquero....

Id be so far back in the woods, I couldnt be found unless i wanted to be....lol
already know it.. but they are already willed to my son... Money in the bank if ya know what i mean.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, It's Official. You Like Bling!
This one is basically the same but no blinding leds in your face at night & it's about 1/2 the cost.

Totally up to you though!
lol yea no bling here, i did order the set you posted a link to from amazon. they will be here monday so ill dig out the power supply and give it a test

·
Registered
856 Posts
I got in ear-earphones. The noise reduction type. Kills two birds with one stone ....cuts wind noise even when not playing music and when I am, I don't have to turn it up real loud to hear it.

At some point I hope to have a Bluetooth intercom which allows me to use my own earphones, so I can either listen to my wife, music, GPS instructions or phone calls.

I'm too much of an audiophile to listen to music through tiny crappy speakers...;)
While I like the idea of the headphones, it's not exactly legal here in PA to use headphones for anything other than communications, and even then, you're only allowed to have 1 headphone/speaker.

Granted, as long as you've only got the one speaker, it can be kind of hard for whatever cop pulls you over to prove you were listening to music, especially if you used your phone as the music player.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts