Discussion Starter #1

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. I thinks when its done it will look like the front end is chained on.. thinking of letting some just dangle down loose on the bottom part to help protect the starter from getting so dirty

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
By the looks of the starter and the filter, you must drive on dirt/gravel roads. Just be watchfull of all that crude gathering in the chains and clogging the radiator.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wow that's badass. Really digging it man. Great job

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes to the gravel/dirt roads. part of living in the country...that and exploring new roads. I usually spray down the bike once and a while or when I think it needs it. Just didn't do it this time until I get done doing some work to it. part of why I'm thinking of extending the chain down lower to help protect the oil filter and starter

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I like it better without the hangers jmho. Nice work BTW.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have mixed feeling about it my self. If I did do it.. each row would have an individual chain each. I just mocked something up to see what it would look like.. but that's the nice thing about mock ups they are not permanent but great visual aids...think I'll work on the sides before I make any final decision. But thanks for the opinion

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried that Doc.. it looked incomplete.. so its out the door.. but maybe stagger the lengths??? Don't really know yet but I'll keep trying

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
We had a van that metal pieces dangled from. Made a lot of noise, especially after a quick stop.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some new pics.. got it powder coated and clear coated and installed. Going to leave it the way it is for now. I didn't like the mock up for it going all the way down to the starter. need to take out a link or two to make it easier to install and remove. Didn't come out to bad, not exactly the way I had it in my head but oh well still looks cool.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1305&pictureid=7641
http://www.vn750.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1305&pictureid=7633
http://www.vn750.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1305&pictureid=7625

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks. made some changes to it today. took out the second row of chain that was on the sides. it looked incomplete. now it has a cleaner look to it and its easier to install.

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
That looks awesome. I had never thought a radiator cover could change the bike so much.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just hope it don't whistle as I go down the road. for now it is complete. but it may change colors after I can figure out a paint combo for the bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

my final on the radiator covers shape. but going to change the color this winter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts