Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!!!

Friday night I relocated my r/r and have a question. Has anyone put some sort of protective boot over the wiring harness connection point? If not and you went the route of putting dielectric grease on it instead, do you put this grease on the male and/or female connection? I have never used dielectric grease before and wanted to be sure I used it properly.

Thank you in advance,
Steven

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Nope. I just angled my downward as water would naturally run out if any got in. You figure where it was sitting. Nasty spot, Alot have used the grease & that should be enough of a protectant. Do you have a pic of how yours is mounted/

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I just angled my downward as water would naturally run out if any got in. You figure where it was sitting. Nasty spot, Alot have used the grease & that should be enough of a protectant. Do you have a pic of how yours is mounted/
No, not yet, but will try to take one and post it.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I greased it with dielectric...just enough to goop up the connections...then electric taped the whole thing...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
If not and you went the route of putting dielectric grease on it instead, do you put this grease on the male and/or female connection? I have never used dielectric grease before and wanted to be sure I used it properly.

Thank you in advance,
Steven
On a single wire connector you pack the female side, then plug in the male pin.

On a multiple wire connector you pack the male pin connector with grease, then plug in the female side and also pack the back end of the connectors.

Wipe any excess grease off the connectors, and reseal with dielectric grease anytime the connectors are separated.

Here is a link to automotive use of the grease on youtube. It is generic in nature, not specifically pointed towards use on a motorcycle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W7o-CRRmGo

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help Gordon. Will take care of that tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts