Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guide says I should mount it on the out side of my frame? Is this a joke? worst thing about this bike is its weak ass electrical system. There are some good qualities, ugh. Has anyone found a better place to remount it?

If I degoat...

Thanks, C

·
2,527 Posts
I degoated and don't really care to move it. It is just an option to avoid any possible problems due to heat build up. Not saying you will ever have any either way.

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah a mosfet RR! 10 amp is BS, and swiching to LED Tail lights and signals we/I could run some decent running/ fog lights. How much are those...

Thanks, C

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With a little stove paint it might dissapear, mine will have to take a bath in Evapo-rust... I may spend the money on an aftermarket R/R just for the few extra amps for lights. Redoing the dash with LED I took it apart a few seasons ago I can't remember what it has...

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I de-goated my bike and installed a mosfet R/R in the stock location.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Also Speedo. and Tach. have 74 style bulbs in them. all others on the bike are 1156's and 1157's Going LED on all the bulbs puts alot of ease on your electrical system......that's what I did. I also went MOSFET on the R/R and mounted it in front of the top of the radiator..

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also Speedo. and Tach. have 74 style bulbs in them. all others on the bike are 1156's and 1157's Going LED on all the bulbs puts alot of ease on your electrical system......that's what I did. I also went MOSFET on the R/R.
Excellent I'll follow these instructions as well.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Any issues??? Am considering re-relocating my R/R back to stock location when I get my Mosfet in.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Also Speedo. and Tach. have 74 style bulbs in them. all others on the bike are 1156's and 1157's Going LED on all the bulbs puts alot of ease on your electrical system......that's what I did. I also went MOSFET on the R/R.
Alright, Ima gonna go ahead and say I had a senior moment... I thought Slim and yourself actually meant there were 194 and 74 bulbs in the different locations, as in bulb quantity... Damn, I'm a moron (if you haven't already figured that out by all my electrical questions)...

Maybe I just need to stay at a Holiday Inn Express for a night...

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 89 has the original R|R its had no issues in the current location all thrse years, I found a worst case scenario on another forum, of a guys whos rectifyer melted, and fried the stator, the photo logs show the bike in pieces, the entire operation was a success, This scenario happens often enough or the blog got enough hits or popularity to frequent the relocation of it... this is my take.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im leaving my r/r where it is (in the hands of fate). simply because i could not bear to look at it on the outside of the frame,,and anyway my girlfiend would knock it off with her damn feet,,for sure.:(

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Alright, Ima gonna go ahead and say I had a senior moment... I thought Slim and yourself actually meant there were 194 and 74 bulbs in the different locations, as in bulb quantity... Damn, I'm a moron (if you haven't already figured that out by all my electrical questions)...

Maybe I just need to stay at a Holiday Inn Express for a night...
** This is what you get :D

Im leaving my r/r where it is (in the hands of fate). simply because i could not bear to look at it on the outside of the frame,,and anyway my girlfiend would knock it off with her damn feet,,for sure.:(
This is my exact reasoning, the attachment looks decent enough, it would stand up to a few good kicks, it was mounted under he bike afterall I all asume that, 'the sissies' that mounted theirs to the frame did well enough that will hold up.

Has anyone that mounted it to the frame given it a hand touch to see how hot it gets on its own?
Either the OEM, or the mosfet chip?

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
** This is what you get :D
That would be a lot of work replacing all those...

How does one go about replacing their bulbs with led...

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That would be a lot of work replacing all those...

How does one go about replacing their bulbs with led...
There's a web page that sells the 1126, 1127 what ever the size is its in the verses section, its a composite led group that just replaces the bulb, it will make the signal flash faster, which I think is cool, adds to visibility, they sell a break board that is MUCH brighter than the bulb(s) in the tail light. And for those who want to desguise their lLEDs there's a new relay you just replace the one you have, I think the four signal bulbs, the tail light and the relay are under $75 all together. I'll see if I can find the website.

This is actually another topic -> link here

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts