Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be doing the all-hallowed "R/R relocation" tomorrow, and was planning on doing it with the bracket instead of the u-bolt method, as discussed in this thread : http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4581

Someone mentions the following dimensions for the bracket : 1/8" x 1 1/4" x 5 1/2" long. I am going to be going to get a piece of the aluminum, pre-cut, and I am hoping to verify that size measurement - particularly the length part. Can anyone verify for me? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks all, and Happy Thanksgiving :)

AZ Kev

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I was going to use a piece of aluminum with heat releasing fins, but I was unable to find one. I was thinking that any electrical components selling bussiness should have one. It is not needed but I wanted to go the extra lenght and use one.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I replied to your PM AZ Ken. I was thinking you could cut to your desired length. To judge the length you'll need it to be, hold your R&R in the mounting location & measure from the outer edge of the R&R to aprox 1" past the bolt you'll be mounting it to. This will give you the length of the bracket. ;)

I would have sent you mine but I used it! ltms

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts