Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone gonna be around in case I freak out and have a question :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
No way...it's friday dude. Going out clubbin'. lol Just kidding. I'm sure someone might be around to assist but they are pretty easy mods. We have faith in ya. :smiley_th

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part I'm concerned about is the example I saw on the r/r relocation, you have to center punch the mounting bolts for the regulator on the bottom of the battery box... Is this correct, and also do the mounting bolts bolt directly into the r/r, or do they go through a mounting hole, requiring a locking bolt and washer as well?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
The mounting bolts go through holes in the r/r and screw into nuts welded to the battery box IIRC. Probably have lock washers on them. Wouldn't hurt to use penetrating oil on the bolts, but if you shear them off, it's no problem. You aren't going to put it back there anyway. Not sure why you would need to center punch the bolts. I didn't.

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
I didn't have a problem with the bolts on the R/R. Not much room to work but the bolts didn't fight me.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Darn, CRS I can't remember but I didn't do any center punching, just bought a U bolt, made the little plate, it was so simple a dummy like me could do it, I know cause I did it...lol...
I can see though, if no other way on getting the bolts out, you could center punch and drill them out, as FC said you aren't going to reuse them...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I used Fergy's guide. http://pages.tstar.net/~fergy/writeups/regulator_relocate.html Like some others here, I simply unbolted the battery box at the top to allow it to wiggle around some, then I unscrewed the R/R bolts from the bottom with a small ratchet. The wiring harness on mine was just barely long enough to reach, to the point that I had to angle the R/R a certain way for it to work.

The whole thing took maybe an hour, including drilling a hole in my strap metal (the default holes lined up with the R/R's holes and one of the U-bolt holes) and cutting off the extra length with a hacksaw. It's one of the easiest automotive mods I've ever done.

http://www.vroc.org/view_profile.php?user_id=37419&phototab=2#photoalbum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts