Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled my old 750 out of storage and started to get her back in riding condition, when i parked her I was told the stator was bad since the bike started dying as I pulled it apart getting ready to replace it I noticed the connector going to the R/R os fried, burnt through. Whats the best way to replace this. The after market stator i ordered came with a rr as a bundle and it has its own harness can i just hard wire it in and if so what diagram should i follow any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have the same issue on my bike. It lead to some running problems that were really difficult to track down!!!

I have NOT fixed it yet, as my engine is still apart for unrelated issues.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/70-projects-builds/104883-pulling-engine-replace-head-gasket.html

HOWEVER, I found https://www.roadstercycle.com/.
Scroll down about half-way, and they have a connector kit that SHOULD fit.
I plan to buy one soon.

DISCLAIMER: I have NOT purchased anything yet, so I cannot verify fit, or offer an opinion of this vendor's service.
I share this as a source that I found, and plan to use.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Do you know if your new R/R is MOSFET type? If that's what it is, the diagram at Roadstercycle is the correct one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not sure what style it is I know its a caltric R/R and the part number is NM1381148LQ. Never messed with one before so not sure what the difference is but ik it wont do me any good if I cant fix the connector I will check that site out and see if I can determin what style it is thanks for the lead I havnt found anything so far

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
From searching the part number it looks like you'll need to use the factory type plug, and the factory wiring diagram.

Should be able to get a replacement plug if needed, and wire it up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried searching for just a stock connector but my luck so far ordering online is that 80% of the time the part doesnt fit and the search pulled up a whole mess of crap. If anyone knows where to find one thats a garanteed fit id love the link. If not I will have to wait till lock down is over and try a dealer but I'm hoping to have this thing rebuilt and painted before that happens

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
There's a thread here somewhere about getting an r/r plug, try the site search. Can probably also find a clean used one on ebay.

There might still be a parts bike in the sell/swap section.

·
Vulcantim
16 Posts
Caltric stator didn't even last me one day. The second time I changed it was a Rick's stator and a series type regulator. That was over 2 years ago. Still works great.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
The r/r and connector from roadstercycle was what I used never has any issues with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts