Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new R/R and it does not have a wire harness. in fact no wires at all. problem is that the R/R i am replacing does not have a harness connection on the R/R itself, just long wires that went to the harness that is farther down line, which is now melted and shot. So I need to find where I can get the R/R connector am I am having a hard time finding one. Any help woulld be great. Just so anyone who reads this would like to know. RMstator has R/R for $59

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
There are some available but I do not know where to go. If you try the electrical threads you should find something there. I have seen threads that people have posted to show where the connector can be found. Someone may jump in soon and they may have the info you need without searching the Elec forum.

·
24 Posts
RM Stator is a good source. I replaced my stator and RR with theirs. No problems at all. RR is "plug 'n play" so to speak

·
Registered
796 Posts
My connector that went into the r/r was shot so I found a wire harness that had good connectors and used heat shrink butt connectors and fixed it that way. I now have a better harness that I am going to replace the old one with when I tear down the bike this winter. What year is your bike? As far as I knew the r/r is under the battery box and the plug-in is right there?

·
24 Posts
Mine is a 2005.

You're right. The RR is under the battery box (bot of a pain to remove unless you have small fingers to loosen the rear coil). Plug in is right on the RR and is visible from left side with side cover removed.

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
I just ordered a new R/R and it does not have a wire harness. in fact no wires at all. problem is that the R/R i am replacing does not have a harness connection on the R/R itself, just long wires that went to the harness that is farther down line, which is now melted and shot. So I need to find where I can get the R/R connector am I am having a hard time finding one. Any help woulld be great. Just so anyone who reads this would like to know. RMstator has R/R for $59
http://www.electrosport.com has a set of the 6 pin connectors for 10 Bucks plus s&h. 6-pin OLD STYLE Connector set 1/4"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts