Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knew....

Well, I am tearing apart the 750 today and lo and behold what I thought was just some dirty tape wrapped around my R/R connections was actually some sort of melted rubber. The wires are fried and seem to be fused together. I am not sure what happened or how it happened, but there it is. I am assuming my R/R is fried and will need to be replaced. I may have to take it over to Kaw to have it tested. Am I correct in assuming there is no real way to test this on a non-running bike?

During this tear down, it seems I stumble upon something broken or half-a$$ed about every 5 minutes. Oh well...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, same thing happened to me. I wouldn't even worry about testing it. It sounds like toast to me.

In case you want to test it, you can. The test is performed when the bike is off anyway. The only problem is that it is supposed to be performed at normal operating temperature (according to Clymer's). I'm not sure how far this throws off the results though. I didn't even test mine, as it was obvious from a visual inspection that it was toast. I don't know how Kaw would do anything different since they wouldn't be able to get your bike up to temperature either if it's not running.

If you want, just give a holler and I'll post pics of what my melted wires and fried plug looked like, and the bracket I fabbed to relocate it into the left frame cover over the fuse box.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts