Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after installing v&h cruzers and coastering the bike but not doing an ear shave do i need to go up on my jets?

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
No re-jetting is required for them, as long as you do not do an ear-shave.

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
Usually not. Depends on how the bike runs, though. If it starts easily and doesn't require a lot of choke, doesn't surge when cruising, and has smooth transitioning to WOT from cruise, then you're fine. You should check your plugs after 100 miles- there should be some brown to grayish tan deposits. White is too lean and black is too rich (in general.)

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually not. Depends on how the bike runs, though. If it starts easily and doesn't require a lot of choke, doesn't surge when cruising, and has smooth transitioning to WOT from cruise, then you're fine. You should check your plugs after 100 miles- there should be some brown to grayish tan deposits. White is too lean and black is too rich (in general.)
good to know i plan on keeping the ears so my son has a place to rest his feet when we cruise the hood he is only five so i dont dare take him out into traffic on the main roads but i do let him ride along the back streets some

·
Registered
441 Posts
i marbled mine and then put on cruzers.. i felt like it wasnt running right and had it re-jetted per V&H recommendation to 142 on the main.. It runs MUCH better now. A little lower on the gas mileage but its worth it

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after i put the cruzers on i actually when to only 2 turns on the air fuel and it ran fine but i think i might be running too lean at 2 turns so im going back to 2 and 1/2 with the new engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts