Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a question that's, quite frankly, a little embarassing, but as a new motorcycle owner, I figured you'd all have some good suggestions.

What do you all do with your helmet when you ride somewhere and don't want to carry it around? Is there any way to lock it on the bike? I love riding my bike to different places, but hate having to carry my helmet around with me everywhere I go.

By the way, I purchased my 1999 VN750 several weeks ago, and it has been a perfect starter bike for me.

Thanks for the tips.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
The locks are infront of your rear turnsignals and below your pass seat as long as there has been no modifications.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
What I do, seeing as my saddlebag brackets took the place of my helmet locks, is to use a padlock, thru the D ring of the helmet and then to the mirror stem (which I have tightened down pretty good & Loctited) or to the rear rack.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I just thank the semi-local gypsy jokers that people are scared to F with bikes 'round here ;-)

Seriously though, I've had my helmet locks off since I put the ammo cans on - probably will end up tossing a lock on the handlebar - or once I fab up an extended backrest... For now I should follow hyper's lead. You aren't going to stop a dedicated theif - especially on a bike (trailer anyone?) but it is good to slow em down a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts