Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for info on this modification but haven't really found what I'm looking for.

I haven't seen any good pics of the bracket that holds R/R to the passenger footpeg bracket or exactly how that bracket fastens. Is it positioned between the bracket and frame? and does it fasten on just one bolt?

I've also seen the R/R mounted on a plate but I can't find the dimensions (that is the thickness) and exactly how it is fastened.

the only clear pic of a bracket I can find is the one using a U- bolt

Can someone point me in the direction or give me the info?

Thanks

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
I've been searching for info on this modification but haven't really found what I'm looking for.

I haven't seen any good pics of the bracket that holds R/R to the passenger footpeg bracket or exactly how that bracket fastens. Is it positioned between the bracket and frame? and does it fasten on just one bolt?

I've also seen the R/R mounted on a plate but I can't find the dimensions (that is the thickness) and exactly how it is fastened.

the only clear pic of a bracket I can find is the one using a U- bolt

Can someone point me in the direction or give me the info?

Thanks
someone help me... wasnt Bulldog working on a few of these?

what most of us do is get an aluminum plate... get a u bolt that will fit the frame... wrap it in rubber where it makes contact, then drill holes.... same for the R/R... you can also mount it to the rear foot peg aswell...

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Yes I have one of his brackets. I'm Sure he can make you one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The U-bolt design was the only one I was able to find.

I was looking for some pics illustrating the type of mount that went on the footpeg,I wasn't sure just exactly how it was mounted.

I may be better off with the U-bolt design ,it looks like it's a little higher and further away from the the exhaust pipe.

Thanks for the help

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
The U-bolt design was the only one I was able to find.

I was looking for some pics illustrating the type of mount that went on the footpeg,I wasn't sure just exactly how it was mounted.

I may be better off with the U-bolt design ,it looks like it's a little higher and further away from the the exhaust pipe.

Thanks for the help
Here is the one I make.

http://www.bulldogsbike.com/relorr.htm

I've got three made (already spoken for) and about 7 blanks awaiting powdercoat. The kit comes with hardware and instructions.

I personally didn't like the look of the U-bolt and went with the bracket being attached right to the rear footpeg on the left side.

I'm sorry for those who have been waiting for soo long, but my life has been hectic as of late (not that that is a valid excuse or anything). I'm getting back on track now. More info on the kit to follow...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
This is a really good thread for this problem.

BTW: what tools/socket sizes are needed to remove the r/r from underneath the battery (assuming I do it the older way, not how Fergy did it)?

Thanks!....
The bolts holding the regulator to the battery case are 10mm - actually, I'm pretty certain that all of the bolts on the battery case are 10mm. I think I ended up pulling the whole case out, but I'm not sure that's necessary. Someone correct me, but you may be able to reach the bolts by going through the side panels.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
The bolts holding the regulator to the battery case are 10mm - actually, I'm pretty certain that all of the bolts on the battery case are 10mm. I think I ended up pulling the whole case out, but I'm not sure that's necessary. Someone correct me, but you may be able to reach the bolts by going through the side panels.
You can remove all four 10mm bolts holding the battery compartment in place and tilt the holder so you can reach in with a socket and remove the RR. Acually pulling the batery compartment out is a real chore.

It is documented in the instructions that I've put together for my RR Relo kit.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
You can get to one of the bolts from the bottom, I did it.
The other one I had to loosen the Battery box a little to get to it. Not hard.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
No more than it's original position, clean connector and apply dielectric grease and it will be just dandy. :beerchug:

·
Registered
35 Posts
excuse the stupidity of this question, but does the r/r get hot itself? the fins remind me of amplifier heat dissipation fins, so I'm wondering if there is any possibility of a minor burn if your riding 2 up and the passenger runs a bare ankle up against it...just curious (again, please excuse me if this is a dumb question...)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
excuse the stupidity of this question, but does the r/r get hot itself? the fins remind me of amplifier heat dissipation fins, so I'm wondering if there is any possibility of a minor burn if your riding 2 up and the passenger runs a bare ankle up against it...just curious (again, please excuse me if this is a dumb question...)
Your passenger shouldn`t have a bare ankle. Remember ATGATT. Your passenger should be geared up too. High leather boots ideally. Absolute minimum of full leg denim jeans.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hi AGS,

When I did mine I used the back of what we call a tax disc holder (about £8.00 Sterling, available in a range of colours, even carbon look!) and it looks like this:

I drilled a couple of holes and bolted it to the rear footrest hanger like this:

Then bolted the R/R to it like this:

No problemo!

Regards,
Martin

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,138 Posts
Here is what I did. I wanted some heat sink to add to the back side, but I did not find any. I can add it later when I find some.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts