Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm leaning towards biting the bullet on this one, I just like the bike too much.

I'm going to have a shop do it - does anyone know if any other parts are needed for this job besides the stator? Much cheaper if I can get them myself.

Also - is there anything that can be done to help prevent this from happening again? Should I buy a new r/r and just throw it on to be safe, or any other alterations while the mechanic is already digging around in there?

Thanks a bunch

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
You will need the stator houseing gasket, the O-ring gasket for the cover that has the 3 screws and the gasket for the bevel gear case. It wouldnt hurt to also replace the R/R but if your strapped for cash and its still good, well its up to you. The best preventivative maintenance is regular oil changes and make sure you dont run low on oil. Theres been a few write ups on others direct fuesing the stator but I think the jury is still out on if that helps or not.

Peace:beerchug:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
This is what I got when I had a dealer replace mine...

GASKET,GEAR CASE (ended up not needing this one)
GASKET,GENERATOR COVER
O-RING
GASKET KIT, EXHAUST (went with the Harley ones)
STATOR
OIL
ANTIFREEZE

Also was suguessted I get the 3 little O-rings for the cover and maybe even the 3 bolts, but I didn't. That was cheap enough for the dealer to supply.

Mine ending up costing $308 in labor, at the dealer.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Not sure what you're asking, but here's a link to the left side engine cover with #'s.....
Clickity Click here

Might be cheaper to go with Ron Ayers or Bike Bandit, rather than Kawasaki.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...awasaki_OEM/KawasakiMC.asp?Type=13&A=475&B=19
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...awasaki_OEM/KawasakiMC.asp?Type=13&A=475&B=24
1 11060-1089 GASKET,GENERATOR COVE $10.64 $10.64
3 92055-049 "0" RING,31MM $1.48 $4.44
1 11060-1089 GASKET,GENERATOR COVE $10.64 $10.64
1 92055-1319 RING-O $7.29 $7.29
1 11060-1086 GASKET,GEAR CASE $7.12 $7.12

Those are all from cheap cycle parts i got away with just the ones in bold
and for a stator ricks is comming up as the one mostly suggested and the one i got is : http://www.electrosport.com/street/street-model-products-listing-street_51050.php

The only things missin is oil and antifreese

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
missin the exhastgaskets too the ones that go betwen the pipe and goat ... assuming u have stock exhast the part number is :
4 11009-1666 GASKET,EXHAUST PIPE C $11.11 $44.44
If your carful and keep the goat connected in all directions u can probably get away without them or just 2 for between the pipe and the goat... the last time i did this i removed the goat with everythin attached eliminating the need to replace these gaskets... if u deside to degoat while you are at this point i recomend new gaskets on both ends... a big bennifit to the degoat is u can remove the exhast in 2 pieces one on each side...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Sooo keep the oil changed & clean, I was just thinking about going to 5k instead of the 3k that I have been doing since I am using synthetic and PureOne filters... I believe y'all are changing my mind, believe I will stick with the 3k changes...
Thanks and Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
bike bandit I priced it all at 57.49 w/o the goat gaskets, I'm goat free! 140.00 for stator at ricks. oil and antifreeze
doing it yourself.......................................PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
they charged $308 for parts and labour?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I believe that was just his labor as I read in another thread, otherwise I'd be taking my bike where he went!

·
Registered
950 Posts
no kidding

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
bike bandit I priced it all at 57.49 w/o the goat gaskets, I'm goat free! 140.00 for stator at ricks. oil and antifreeze
doing it yourself.......................................PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
40.13 cheap cycle parts minus the exhast gaskets..

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sooo keep the oil changed & clean, I was just thinking about going to 5k instead of the 3k that I have been doing since I am using synthetic and PureOne filters... I believe y'all are changing my mind, believe I will stick with the 3k changes...
Thanks and Have a good one...Old Dog...
Hey Old Dog, if you put a speedometer on your bike from one here in Canada, your odometer will read in kilometers and you can then do your oil changes at 5k. <BG> :rockon: Just one of the advantages of being Canadian. LOL

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hey Old Dog, if you put a speedometer on your bike from one here in Canada, your odometer will read in kilometers and you can then do your oil changes at 5k. <BG> :rockon: Just one of the advantages of being Canadian. LOL
There are advantages to being Canadian?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
There are advantages to being Canadian?
Air conditioning bills are generally lower. Fewer people per square mile/kilometer/hectare/whatever.

·
Registered
950 Posts
heating bills aint

1 - 20 of 26 Posts