Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I bought my bike in 2004 it came with 2 sets of keys.2 long and 2 short. The long keys are for ignition, gas, helmet lock, and tool box. I just cant remember what the shory keys were for. I feel like a moron.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
when I bought my bike in 2004 it came with 2 sets of keys.2 long and 2 short. The long keys are for ignition, gas, helmet lock, and tool box. I just cant remember what the shory keys were for. I feel like a moron.
Try them and see. There are not too many things on the VN750 that have key locks. If the other keys cover the ignition, gas helmet locks and tool box you seem to have everything covered. If the short keys do nothing on any of the locks already on the bike than you can ride without them. They may be for a chain lock or a lock that clamps onto the brake disk that you didn't get with the bike.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
+1

I only got 1 key with mine... a 'long' key... it worked all of the above..

the other keys are probably for something you didn't get (as mentioned, locks, or maybe locking hard bags)

·
Registered
856 Posts
may have been for locking saddle bags or a security chain of some sort?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
it is a 2004, and possibly one previous owner...my guess is that they are for the chain lock that came with the bike and is normally stored in the black plastic toolbox behind the passenger seat rest.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my 2001 I bought off another rider had the same keys thing, and the bicycle chain-lock looking thing stored in the back box fit the short keys. Not fond of it because the cover on the chain is black, would be too easy to ride off without removing it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes it is for the chain lock which would be in the bottom of tool box if it still exists.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts