Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After buying it a few years back i realized I need something bigger so I will be selling my 99 750. Before I list it locally i was wondering if I would be better off trying to offer it in the community due to what I believe are rare factory add ons. I'm not sure if rare equals desired or collectable. It currently does not run so will either be project or great parts bike.
Thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Don't see too many with that equipment. I recall posters saying they would like to find those pieces.

·
2,527 Posts
If you have the time to part out the good stuff it might be worth it, depending on what you have in it to start. For instance the Corbin seat is nice but then someone will have to send you their old seat or you'll have to buy a factory seat to replace it. The fairing would require a bit of boxing up to ship without damaging it. If you remove the tall backrest then you'll need the short sissy bar to take it's place.
It's all about how much time you want to spend on it. It would be much better IMHO to sell it off whole. What is wrong with it and where are you located.
There's a bike near me on Craigslist with the fairing on it, no title for parts but I don't think I want to deal with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 in 1 reply. I live in port deposit md. At the very top of the Chesapeake bay. Parting out is an option but since it isn't running ,I would like to find someone looking for the add ons as well as a parts bike or project.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it's all carb/timing related. She will start and idle but if you give it gas it becomes rough and will pop and backfire. Last time I started it i noticed a fuel leak as well(looked like the bowl o-ring). Also an antifreeze leak where the pipe goes into the head in left side. Another o-ring i guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has just under 12000 miles and no major bends or broken items. It has a few dings,cracks, and scratches though. Everything is cosmetic and could be repaired or just left alone as daily driver condition. Small dent on tank, ding on top of front fender. Couple of small crack in the fiberglass and the Corbin seat is rubbed and faded. The gauges are rusted and some of the chrome tubing needs some tlc.

·
2,527 Posts
So looking at the bike, I don't see the ears on it for the air filters. Do they get eliminated with the tour pack or do you think someone did an ear shave?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ear shave for sure. Though I have nothing to compare it to I believe the fairing was designed to go on with no modifications to the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone is interested in a unique project or parts bike im asking $700.00. Will include an original seat and a new set of tires still in the shipping wrap. Pm for more pics. Thanks for looking.

·
2,527 Posts
PM Sent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts