Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a post earlier about the goat's belly removal and was considering it plus wrapping the exhaust up to the muffler. My reasoning for this is because a heat shield fell off and my goat's belly is also very rusted. I wouldn't mind a bit more sound from the bike too since I can tell people see me less on this bike than my much louder CBR600.

A guy cut one open and found that it simply added 7 inches of pipe length to the left side to even out the front and rear cylinders before giving a place for the exhaust gases to expand.

Could I take this theory to remove the goat's belly and simply make the left side extension 7 inches longer than the right side to not sacrifice performance? I assume this would require some custom muffler bracing as well. Let me know what you think

·
Super Moderator
11,992 Posts
To answer your question. Some have removed the GB and installed an "H" pipe between the two exhaust pipes, while others have removed it but just filled the spaces left with pipe, not having any crossover pipe.

What differences there are in power between the two is purely speculation. A company called "Scootworks" did make a kit that had all the parts needed to do the latter. Not sure if they still make them, but they do still have the instructions online. Looking at the that you can see how it worked:
http://www.scootworks.com/scootworks/docs/exh_750v1.pdf

I don't know if there's any noticeable difference in power if one exhaust is 7" longer or not. On my project bike I made the two pipes even side to side.
Logically having both exhaust even in length and having a crossover pipe should garner the most power, just not sure if the average rider could tell the difference....

·
Registered
118 Posts
To answer your question. Some have removed the GB and installed an "H" pipe between the two exhaust pipes, while others have removed it but just filled the spaces left with pipe, not having any crossover pipe.

What differences there are in power between the two is purely speculation. A company called "Scootworks" did make a kit that had all the parts needed to do the latter. Not sure if they still make them, but they do still have the instructions online. Looking at the that you can see how it worked:
http://www.scootworks.com/scootworks/docs/exh_750v1.pdf

I don't know if there's any noticeable difference in power if one exhaust is 7" longer or not. On my project bike I made the two pipes even side to side.
Logically having both exhaust even in length and having a crossover pipe should garner the most power, just not sure if the average rider could tell the difference....
I found Scootworks listing, and there weren't any buttons for purchasing, just to contact them. It gave an email address that was a dead end. I emailed the address listed to email and it was kicked back as undeliverable. I went to the customer support section of their website and email the sale people to ask if it was even still available and how to buy it. Crickets. I'm sure they don't make it anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts