Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is an open invitation for all Quad State (NY, NJ, PA, CT) cycle riders to join in on an open group discussion of riding possibilities for next season. Many of us will be meeting at the Clinton Station Diner in Clinton, NJ on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 12 o'clock noon. All are invited and food/beverage charges are at your own expense. Directions to the diner can be found at www.clintonstationdiner.com. This is an open group of riders that are interested in joining other riders for group rides of large and small scale to interesting locations and sharing their enthusiasm for motorcycles. RSVP to [email protected] by Jan. 16 if possible so we can be sure to have sufficient table space available. (RSVP is much preferred but not required.)

Other information can be obtained by contacting KC2DGQ, Wolfie, or Vulcan2000 via the forum PM system.

Thanks and as always, "Ride till you rot!"

Tom

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
would love to come. but that's like 440+ miles away form me and my Vulcan doesn't do so well in the snow. lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Well, ya got a cage, dont ya ?...most of us are bringin them...heck, I still got 5" of snow and ice in my driveway, lol...
Sokay...we may go out to Hocking Hills next season... ;)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
gonna try to get off work.might have to rent a car,though.will get back to ya when i know for sure.my vulcan isn't good in the snow,either.lol

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
Well, ya got a cage, dont ya ?...most of us are bringin them...heck, I still got 5" of snow and ice in my driveway, lol...

yeah, I got a cage. but even in the cage, it's a bit of a drive.
also that just happens to be the same weekend as the bike show here in Cleveland. we have already made plans on going to the bike show.
but thanks for the invite!

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

PS to all...try to RSVP by the 16th of Jan if you can, so we can let the diner know...walk-ins will be welcome though, but ya may need to sit on Vulcan2000's lap.... ;)
Vulcan2000's lap space is already spoken for but Wolfie has been lonely of late so he is more than willing to fill in. I just hope you do not want much in the line of comfort. The cushioning may be lacking with Wolfie's lap.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gonna try to get off work.might have to rent a car,though.will get back to ya when i know for sure.my vulcan isn't good in the snow,either.lol
It would be great if you can make it. Maybe we can find someone else making the ride in from your area and you can possibly pool in together.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I just wanted to clarify that we don't expect you to show up on a bike...

This is more of a social gathering...so bring your riding buddy's and wives/girlfriends if you like.

this is an open group...no restrictions as to what you ride. and you do NOT have to be a forum menber to stop by and mingle.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be there! I haven't decided on mode of transportation yet, it might be just my boots. ;)
At least bring an overcoat to wear with the boots please.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Just emailed dad the invite, lets see what happens.

kenny

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
right now my bike is my only means of transportation.gonna call rental places tomorrow or mon.might even be able to borrow a car from a friend.if i knew it would be in the 40's,i would even ride down.:motorcycl

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
I just wanted to clarify that we don't expect you to show up on a bike...

This is more of a social gathering...so bring your riding buddy's and wives/girlfriends if you like.

this is an open group...no restrictions as to what you ride. and you do NOT have to be a forum menber to stop by and mingle.
man, you really know how to take all the fun out of some things! lol

don't mind me, I'm just messing with you because I'm just jealous that I'm one state away from the "Quad State (NY, NJ, PA, CT) cycle riders" (aka "wolf pack"). :doh: lol

I think it's great what you are trying to do. keep it up! :smiley_th:beerchug:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
man, you really know how to take all the fun out of some things! lol

don't mind me, I'm just messing with you because I'm just jealous that I'm one state away from the "Quad State (NY, NJ, PA, CT) cycle riders" (aka "wolf pack"). :doh: lol

I think it's great what you are trying to do. keep it up! :smiley_th:beerchug:
Would love to have you come visit....or maybe a few of us will come out there next summer :smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I'm just jealous that I'm one state away
That can one day change, my friend.... ;) We may get larger, add more states, and mebbe for those too distant, a charter membership....
I mean heck, we're talkin about Laconia this year, so we may add NH, lol...

if i knew it would be in the 40's,i would even ride down
Well, you can always spend the night at my place. I got a fold out in the living room...I just gotta move all the bike parts....

Although it might make the lap dance more intriguing
I thought yer ol' lady was gonna dance..... :( .... ;)

.....just a note, I tried to edit out my comment about Tom's lap, even out of a few of the quotes, but I guess its too late....I should have read from earlier posts...bad wolfie, bad.....*tail between legs*...Im so embarrased.... :(

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
That can one day change, my friend.... ;) We may get larger, add more states, and mebbe for those too distant, a charter membership....:(
it's all good.

not to worry. I'm part of the (as Denny6006 calls us) "Buckeye Bunch"! lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Lets invade State College, PA...great burger place there, btw...and Krissy's Kabin near Deposit, NY....

And thats what this meeting/lunch/get together is for...not only to see ridin buddies during the off season, but also to plan out some kickass rides/trips/tours for the next season....I hope that all who can attend will, and will contribute their ideas....this will be the "First Annual"...hoping for many more in the future !!!!

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are beginning to get some responses to the open invitation that was sent out for the gathering on Jan. 26 in Clinton, NJ. We are hoping to have a lot more riders attend and at least join our discussion on possible group ride destinations. If anyone has any questions regarding the Jan. 26 event please contact myself (Vulcan2000), Anthony (KC2DGQ) or Wolfie (Wolfie) via PM here. If anyone wanted to get to know other riders in the general area for small or large group rides this is the place to make the connections. Also anyone just wanting to meet other VN750 enthusiasts this will be the place.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts