Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just gotten my new fork springs in from Progressive. I have printed out Lance's sticky thread about replacing the fork seals and have checked the Verses. All set to go.
But I am a little confused. In the box with the springs is a single piece of pvc that is 10" long. The chart that came with the springs says the Vulcan needs spacers 7" long. In the Verses, there are references to spacers being
4" long???????
Can someone who has dont this mod clue me in to what is the proper size?
Spring kit 11-1128 from Cheapcycleparts.com.
Thanks for any info anyone can give.

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
Hopefully I got this right.....

Stock spacers are around 9 inches. Many just cut them down, which is what I did. Some buy pieces of PVC and cut them instead. If they gave you only one 10 inch piece....one is missing....as you need two 7 inch lengths.

I cut mine to 7 and 1/4 inches each. ( due to the larger windscreen I wanted more preload)

Most recommend changing the fork oil too, and Bel-Ray 15w is the hands down favorite.

KM

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Stock is 9 13/16" ............. (250mm)
They should have given you two..........

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
I went over the Verses on this, the 4 inch PVC you read was from a repost on installing progressive springs in a 1500 Nomad.... Not a Vulcan 750.

There's a photo of the piece I cut off from the stock spacer at my flickr site below...( looks to be about 2 1/2 "... So 9 and 13/16 " sounds right.)

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
I went over the Verses on this, the 4 inch PVC you read was from a repost on installing progressive springs in a 1500 Nomad.... Not a Vulcan 750.

There's a photo of the piece I cut off from the stock spacer at my flickr site below...( looks to be about 2 1/2 "... So 9 and 13/16 " sounds right.)
I should have said I went out to the garage and measured my stock spacer....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. Thanks for the info KM and Dave.
I am replacing the oil as well as the oil seals and dust seals. Now I can Have everything ready before I start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts