Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the other day after putting my tire and rim (bought used on E-bay but it is a brand new tire) on the front that it is a 110/90-19 tire. Has anybody ever used this size tire on the front? Will it effect handling + or - ??

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I just noticed the other day after putting my tire and rim (bought used on E-bay but it is a brand new tire) on the front that it is a 110/90-19 tire. Has anybody ever used this size tire on the front? Will it effect handling + or - ??

Many use the 110 series so that the speedo is more accurate (stock it reads about 10% faster than you're actually going). It might be a close fit with the fender (as long as it's not a touring fender), but should fit just fine.
As for handling, I couldn't tell ya for sure, but I seem to recall people say it's better.

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
No problems with fitment on my 05. I just put the Metzlers on mine, handling is much better, but I also went with the 170/80 rear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I install the 110/90 in early spring and love the way it handles alot better.
I am installing a 170/80 in the rear right now. Waiting for shop to call to pick up tire and rim so I can reinstall it. From what I see Ihope it will make the ride even better.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I am stuck with the 150/90-15 on the rear for the next couple of years. I bought it on E-bay almost new less than 1,000 mi. on it mounted on a VN750 (silver) rim for like 29.00 + s/h. I wanted to go w/ the 170 or 180 for the rear but couldn't turn this deal down.
Thanks for the updates on the 110 for the front, I appreciate it.
I haven't had a chance to ride my 700 yet, except down the road about a 1/4 mile (twice) to my parents home. I am still trying to finish the exhaust and the paint job before I take it out of the garage and ride it daily.
It looked like this till almost the middle of last month---

5-7-07 007.JPG

YES--THOSE ARE BLUE TINTED MIRRORS!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts