Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today is a sad day as i have finally given up on the bike and offered it for sale on E-Bay at a ridiculously low reserve just to get rid of it.

It hasnt rearly done me any wrong or cost me loads of money, just that the more i read on these forums the more paronoid i have become about its reliability and breaking down.

I have spent many hours on the net looking for parts in the uk just in case with limited success and become more and more disallusioned so now is the time to sell

Thanks for all the help you have given in the past if you live in the UK and need a reliable VN750 take a look at this link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=190280707963

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Sorry you lost faith. Yes these bikes have some issues. All do. What will you ride now?

·
Registered
707 Posts
not to burst your bubble but alot of bikes have the same if not more problems that we have.... its too bad your in the uk cuz i could use another bike... good luck with the sell..

·
Registered
119 Posts
What other parts could you need? LOL

You have everything on that bike anyone could think of and a few things no one could think of. :) It looks great. Shame you are selling. Good Luck.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
cheapcycleparts.com ships to the UK, they have every OEM part you could ever need and they are reliable.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Read his ad. Looks like he's giving up riding.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Good luck with the sale, and just because you loose the bike, doesn't mean you can't still drop in here once in a while. Don't be a stranger. :)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Like we've told people here before, on forums like this, you typically read about more problems than you do the good things the bike has to offer.
That's because people usually only come to these forums when they have troubles they need help with.
Sure the bike has it's faults, but like it's been said, all bikes do. The rear drive splines are an issue with many shaft drive bikes.
Same with fried stators.

But it's your choice. Good luck with the auction. It is a really nice looking Vulcan :smiley_th

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all replies, i've a couple of guys comming round in the morning with cash on the hip, so here's hoping

The black dot is a velcro tab for a detachable clock, forgot to include in the photos

I am giving up riding completely, i average 30,000 miles per annun in a van and seen most forms of accidents, and i just dont wanna be a part of them,

ok no form of transport is 100% safe but i am just increasing my chances of seeing my next birthday by giving up the bike

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sorry to hear you`re giving up riding pg, but I understand your reasons. I wish you well in the future. I also wish I had the money right now for a second bike and you were close to me. That is a sweet looking ride. Whoever gets it is a lucky guy. Make sure you tell him about this forum too. Drop back once in a while for a visit. Talk to you later mate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as you probably know i have just lubed the splines and sorted out the rear brakes with the help of this forum and it went well.

However the final straw that finished me off and made up my mind was the clutch cable being very tight in the sleeve so i decided to replace. Got the spanners out and had to undo the 4 crash bar bolts as the midway adjuster was behind the crashbar.

Ok undid the 4 bolts, but no amount of wriggling would move the bar from its mounting more than a couple of mm in any direction so i still could not do the job

went to put it back together and had great difficulty lining up the 4 holes, what should of taken 1 hour tops took 31/2 hours and still never changed the cable

so no further forward, by the way selling the bike with the clutch cable free

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
I recently added a crash bar. Have to loosen the exhaust on that side to get it on, and, I'm sure, to remove it as well.

I understand your concerns about riding. I have them too. I'm 62 and just started this past summer. Figured doing research, taking the safety course, and riding like I'm invisible was the best approach, but no guarantee.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Hey guys, is this an age thing...:confused:... I don't get the point, I'm 72 and its not bothering me at all like that yet... I figure the young ones should be more worried, they usually have less experience and a lot more to loose...:doh:... Besides if you have a wreck in the van (I have one too) you will still probably be the first one on the scene...lol... I guess I just enjoy, and am happy to be able to ride anyway...:)...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
It is okay. Not everyone that rides is a biker. I have ridden for many many years. My nephew wanted to be a biker, it lasted about one year. Not everyone gets bitten for keeps. We all understand. imho

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Best of luck to you pg. Are you looking for a replacement hobby? May I recommend helicopters? They're a helluva alot of fun and believe it or not, WAY safer than even driving a cage!

Sorry to see you go but take 'er easy for all us across the pond...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Like we've told people here before, on forums like this, you typically read about more problems than you do the good things the bike has to offer.

:smiley_th
ya, like he said.

once talking to an 'ol harley guy, he asked what kind of bike i ride...i said vulcan 750...he said those things are bullet proof....this guy has been riding forever.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Are you looking for a replacement hobby? May I recommend helicopters? They're a helluva alot of fun and believe it or not, WAY safer than even driving a cage!
Don't know LP, my back might differ with you on the safer part of that statement...:rockon:...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts