Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought my bike this last Saturday and decided i should change out all the fluids b/c i didnt seem to be taken care of all that well, i also had some new tires to install. So first thing i set it up so both wheels are in the air, while working through the manual i slowly take off the front and then rear wheel set up all the hardware out of the way. Checked the spline and it was lubed, woohoo, but added some more synthetic grease. Drained and filled the final drive, drained and filled the oil coolant and changed the spark plugs. Took the wheels and tire to a shop, paid and took the home and began putting the wheels back on rear went together nice and smooth, set the brake and put the exhaust back on. To the front wheel, pressed the calipers in and slipped them on bolted them up slid the bolt through and it looked like something was missing. Opened up my clymer manual and checked the front wheel parts list and im missing my right wheel spacer, sonuva. Looked around the garage but i was very meticulous when putting the hardware up. Called the shop to see if it flew off while installing the tires but no go, had to buy a new one for 11 dollars and it will arrive weds or thurs. Still pretty sure it fell off at the shop b/c it wasnt in my truck or my garage.

Overall is was a good day and nothing was stripped and nothing broke.

Thanks for listening
Stephen

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
And odds are the spacer will turn up the day after you intall the new one. ;)
KM
Ha, ha, Exactly and it gets worse as you get older, believe me I know...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ha, ha, Exactly and it gets worse as you get older, believe me I know...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
I think I resemble that remark (Sigh)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts