Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is I to remove the engine from the bike? The cam chain tenchener in the front was bad, now replaced the front cylinder is making a lot of noise. I have the bike running however when in first gear the bike has no power and it is making a lot of noise. So it sounds like the front cylinder needs to be removed anyone removed the engine before? Anything I need to beware of? Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
before you do that (pull engine) i think you should take the cam tensioner out again and redo the preload and reinstall it and see if that is the problem before taking the engine out and having even more problems. just remember to set the front cyl. to TDC before you remove and replace the ACCT. i take it you have rebuilt these before, if not go to vulcan verses that is what i used and i saw a video from one of the "gatherings" were they filmed a rebuild, it was in the yahoo vn750 group. good luck
ride safe john

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Yes, before condeming the front cylinder, make sure the ACCT is in right and set correctly. My front made loads of noise with a broken ACCT spring, sounds great now.

I found that a 2 turn preload worked well.

I also found that well reinstalling the plunger, only trun on it far enough to line up the three tabs and seat it. Then, I used a 1/4 inch ratchet with a small flat blade screwdriver bit.

Seated the plunger with the ratchet, then move the ratchet as needed so I could hold the ACCT/ratchet with my right hand and position the ACCT correctly against the back of the front cylinder, easy to start the outboard nut this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts