Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am stumped. I have got all the lines disconnect. Was able to get the carb boots loose. I can move the carbs around from side to side, but for for the life of me can't get them out. what else do I need to get loose in this area. The clymers manual isn't too clear on this, they make it sound easy... Knuckles are bleeding bad....

Help

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Waffle House regular…
60 Posts
I am quickly becoming an expert on pulling the carbs… Make sure you have pulled the ducts that run from the intake side of the carbs to the air box over the engine. Leave the boot on the forward cylinder; leave the boot for the rear cylinder on the carb. I spray them down with WD 40. Once you’re at that point it’s just a matter of working them around up and to the right. Trust me they will come out!

If you get really stuck, PM me and I’ll give you my cell number!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pink Willie said:
I am quickly becoming an expert on pulling the carbs… Make sure you have pulled the ducts that run from the intake side of the carbs to the air box over the engine. Leave the boot on the forward cylinder; leave the boot for the rear cylinder on the carb. I spray them down with WD 40. Once you’re at that point it’s just a matter of working them around up and to the right. Trust me they will come out!

If you get really stuck, PM me and I’ll give you my cell number!!!

Thank you, I will try that. I followed the clymers to the tee, the carbs feel like they want to come out now, just a matter of getting them out. Hopefully it isn't this hard getting them back in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
carbs are out

I have them out. I am just doing a basic clean. So far in one carb I did find some gunk...

·
Registered
9 Posts
What I found that works the best is to place your knuckles on your bench grinder first and then proceed to the carb removal.........kinda get it out of the way first!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lucas said:
What I found that works the best is to place your knuckles on your bench grinder first and then proceed to the carb removal.........kinda get it out of the way first!!!!!!!!;)
No kidding. Getting the air ducts back on is a total pain. My bike is going from Green in color to blood red :BLAM:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts