Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last couple of rides I've done at highway speed have been rather shaky. It really felt like an engine vibration, so I checked some things to see if one cylinder was missing, float levels uneven, anything that would unbalance the engine. Couldn't find anything. Just so happened to bump the front wheel and heard a noise. Got to inspecting and there was play in the triple tree. But it gets better...

I take off the handlebar brace and move the handlebars out of the way, only to find the top bolt almost completely screwed out. Said a prayer, adjusted the locknuts, and torqued everything back down. Went for a 40mi ride and all is well - the ride is a lot smoother at speed. Phew.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm glad you found that while sitting still. Would want to think what it would be like doing 60 or so. I remember, and still have the scars to prove it, when 47 years ago the front wheel of my bicycle came off after going over a jump ramp. I was about 4-6 feet in the air and the landing on concrete wasn't pretty at all. :doh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts