Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I had my stock seat professionally repadded last year. Gel inserts, etc.

Sucked less...but still sucked.

So, I ordered me a new Saddlemen's seat a few weeks ago. Should be here next week...while I'm gone away on vacation. :p

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Actually, the new seat arrived today!

Here are some snaps of it on the bike, along with the Pro-Tac backrest.

...it is pouring down the rain today (has been all day) so I've not gotten to take it out for a test ride yet. But, just sitting on the bike I can tell a major difference.

:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Just sent my $$ to S.Carolina. This Cat has done great since he retired. !!!!!!!
I asked for him to adopt me.

·
Registered
555 Posts
nice looking set up. Love the trunk. I can't fit alot in my saddle bags, so maybe thinking a trunk or a sissybar bag.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Man, that is one sweet set up! I WANT ONE!! How much are they?:smiley_th

·
Registered
555 Posts
$140.00 for the drivers backrest.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That seat looks great. Let us know what you think of it when the rain clears out and you get to do some longer rides. I've got that backrest on my Vulcan 500 and I love it. Guess I better get one ordered for the 750 before the man decides to completely stop building them.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I have never heard of any one in the motorcycle industry complain of the Protac Backrest... they get the best reviews any where they are mentioned... don't take my word for it... google it.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I've got the same seat and backrest,,, I went from a thirty minute got to get off here to a 3 hr.s and lets stretch our legs for a minute. :beerchug:Also I put 7 fender washers per bolt between the seat and the passenger back rest support mounting bolts to keep from pulling the threaded inserts out of the seat. The orginal seat has a build-up to take the gap out and the Saddlemans is just a straight pan in the mounting area.

·
2 Vulcans
64 Posts
Pro Tacs on order

Talked to Harold today and ordered our backrests. Going to try that first and then tackle the seat, if need be.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Finally got to ride the bike this evening. Rode it to work.

The Saddlemen's seat and the Pro-Tac backrest make ALL the difference in the world!

Much more comfortable, and the new seat is about 1" higher, and the backrest helps me sit up straight and not slouch. No more sore back. No more sore ass.

Two Thumbs Up!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Protac is a winner

Just installed my backrest from Harold, goes perfectly with my Mustang seat. took <4 minutes to install. First minute of my test run, knew it was DEE Lux !
great addition, thnx for the backrest

·
2 Vulcans
64 Posts
Got it!

My backrest came yesterday and took all of 5 minutes to install. Nice looking piece of workmanship.
Unfortunately winds are gusting to 45mph in Texas today, so no shakedown cruise yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yup, got mine yesterday as well. Other than my ugly faded sun-bleached seat, it looks great and is very comfortable. SO happy I made the purchase. Combine this wil my Vulcan windshield and soon to be highway pegs and I don't think I will need another thing for me bike anytime soon! My ride to New Orleans in June is going to be so much more comfortable now.

In short, if you have the spare cash and plan on keeping your VN750, call Harold and order one!

·
2 Vulcans
64 Posts
The difference is like night and day! WOW. My ride to work is only around 30 minutes, BUTT;) it's way more comfortable, even at that distance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Got my Protac backrest from Harold a couple of weeks ago and installed it immediately. What a difference in comfort. I have a protac on my 500 as well and after 37,000 miles it is still in great condition and I've had no problems with it. In my opinion, this is a very small investment in your long term riding comfort.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After reading this thread and others I e-mailed harold and ordered one.... I cant wait to get my hands on it!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts