Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I get the proper fork PSI should be 10% of rider and gear. What are the recommendations for the dampening setting? I didn't get an owners manual with my bike. (I did look through the versus, too)
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
OK, I get the proper fork PSI should be 10% of rider and gear. What are the recommendations for the dampening setting? I didn't get an owners manual with my bike. (I did look through the versus, too)
Thanks!
First off the settings are for the rear shocks, not the forks. The front forks on early models did have an air valve, but you can not put more than 7 lbs of air in each fork without risking damaging the seals. (7 may not seem like alot, and would guess that that was another factory suggested limit based on liability issues)

The rear dampening settings range from 1 - 4 and for the life of me I could never really tell a difference, so I left mine on 4 all the time.
(Yes I actualy tested them over a course and could not percieve any difference between 1 and 4)
This is because the rear shocks are severly un-dampended to start with. I finaly gave up and bought a pair of Progressive rear shocks which were absolutely wonderfull.

General rule per the manual is if you are going fast, increase dampening (higher number) or if you add a passenger. For solo riding around town use a lower number.

KM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts