1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some pics but not sure how to post em as i'm using my phone. Have discovered during tear down that the wiring harness was hacked by someone. Some of thd parts i thought were good aren't. So i have a question for you guys? Has anyone gone comepletely down to the frame and restored it. Also seen how some things are a tight fit on this bike not sure how to get to them to relpace or work on them. Not ready to give up just not sure what to do now.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
Yup.switched everything from an 85 to an 86.upload your pics to photobucket then copy to your clipboard then paste to your thread

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have decided to sell the parts off the bike Doc. I no longer have the patience to deal with it just don't have the time. If you know of anyone lookin for parts cheap let me know. I'm not internet savvy. All new parts i have purchased are for sale as well.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Have decided to sell the parts off the bike Doc. I no longer have the patience to deal with it just don't have the time. If you know of anyone lookin for parts cheap let me know. I'm not internet savvy. All new parts i have purchased are for sale as well.
In what kind of shape is the fuel tank?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Pennsylvania. Little town zip code 15845. Guys this is what i know i have good a couple of turn signals, a head light housing. Two top triple clamps. One bottom. Handlebars and mount. Stock seat and a mustang seat a brake lever. The stock exhaust is not pretty but all there. The kick stand, the air filter pods( not pretty but still work.No filters in them) ,pedals,Pegs, side covers. A radiator and cover. The plastic reflector pieces that go under the tank. The gas tank has surface rust on the bottom and rust on the spout but no dents. If you pm me i'll give you my number and send pics. Some stuff is still on the bike. Others well not. Whatever doesn't get bought is getting scrapped with the frame. Hesitant to sell the motor as it was being run with no air filters just the pod covers, but if you really want it we can try to come to an arrangement. Everything must go!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Also the forks and rims and even a cradh bar i bedlined...not the best job but still nice. Please make an offer like i said willing to sell cheap

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
You're more wishy-washy than a politician :D

Keepin it, sellin it, keepin it. The VN is one of the easiest bikes I've ever worked on, and the experience makes ownership of any vehicle better (and cheaper) due to the inherent mechanical knowledge learned.

Invest in yourself and finish the project :D

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
I could use a clean headlight bucket and a rust-free headlight ring.

Would also be interested in the Mustang seat.

Pics are worth thousands of words. ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Head light ring i dont think i have but the back piece where all the wires come in an the light sits, i have. I'm not inernet savy so if you pm me with a cell number i will send pics...lottsa pple interested in the seat first come first serve. I will ship if you pay handling...thtanner i have no time for a full on restoration got outta project bikes because of findin alot of junk and then sellin parts. Bought the bike to help a friend and found too many issues. So parts and scrap it is end of disscussion. Sorry to be wishy washy but if it would of been only one issue like the triple clamp sure. Nope it's the whole wiring harness the engine bein run without air filters. Rust in all the wrong places and most important no time

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Head light ring i dont think i have but the back piece where all the wires come in an the light sits, i have. I'm not inernet savy so if you pm me with a cell number i will send pics...lottsa pple interested in the seat first come first serve. I will ship if you pay handling...thtanner i have no time for a full on restoration got outta project bikes because of findin alot of junk and then sellin parts. Bought the bike to help a friend and found too many issues. So parts and scrap it is end of disscussion. Sorry to be wishy washy but if it would of been only one issue like the triple clamp sure. Nope it's the whole wiring harness the engine bein run without air filters. Rust in all the wrong places and most important no time
Can't use a black bucket, sorry.

Still interested in the seat if I'm eligible. My cell won't do pics, but I can PM my email if that helps you. I use Paypal if you do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seat is still here the bucket is silver not black. Have to set up a paypal account because don't have one yet. Addin photos in a album of for sale parts just give me a few mins

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Seat is still here the bucket is silver not black. Have to set up a paypal account because don't have one yet. Addin photos in a album of for sale parts just give me a few mins
My mistake, need to get closer to my monitor. I read 'back' as 'black'.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so album didn't work give me your email in a pm and i'll send pics of what i have. Still disassembling so ask if you dont see somethin you want

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Ok so album didn't work give me your email in a pm and i'll send pics of what i have. Still disassembling so ask if you dont see somethin you want
PM sent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts