Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,045 Posts
They look like the carb vent hoses. The carb vents point straight up out of each carb, you can see them if you remove the gas tank (which is missing a bolt on the front right). The two hoses run to a tee fitting, then a single line from the tee plugs into a round hole in the back of an air filter housing.

Edit: The fuel inlets on the carbs have elbow fittings.

The vent has to be in dead air or it will cut out when wind hits it.

I think they're 5/16" id. but just cut a piece off to match up.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look like the carb vent hoses. The carb vents point straight up out of each carb, you can see them if you remove the gas tank (which is missing a bolt on the front right). The two hoses run to a tee fitting, then a single line from the tee plugs into a round hole in the back of an air filter housing. The vent has to be in dead air or it will cut out when wind hits it. I think they're 5/16" id. but just cut a piece off to match up.
Thank you so much I really appreciate it

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,045 Posts
Thank you so much I really appreciate it

You're welcome.

Wanted to add... The fuel inlets on the carbs have elbow fittings. The vents point straight up.

· Administrator
2006 VN750
1,013 Posts
HI there, Tim! I've moved this thread to the General Discussion section. However, if you feel so inclined, feel free to post a little something about yourself in the New Member Introduction Thread. But, you're not strictly obligated to do so.

Welcome aboard, and we're happy to have you among us!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts