Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of Progressive Shocks 412 series 11" for only $150 :smiley_th
I thought i would share a photo of it. I will post more picture once i get them installed ;)
I got them from a guy that lives not too far from me. He had them on his 2000 Yamaha VMax, he didn't like 'em.
Part # 412-4204C - these are stiffer ...230/275 lbs/in. it's almost like riding a 'hard tail', i am wonder how it will affect handling?
The set recommended on this forum is the Part#412-4232C, they are much less stiffer...90/130 lbs/in.
any idea with stiffness VS handling? what would ideal?:BLAM:

·
Now what
400 Posts
Wow, too hard for my tail. The stock seat isn't the most cushy thing in the world to begin with. Stiffen up the rear like that and you'll get a real "old school" ride. But some people like to feel every bump in the road. Kind of like, getting in touch with the machine/road/hemorrhoid. But that price is about a third of new ones, so I guess that's a plus. You'll have to be sure and tell us what it's like.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Is the problem that those shock are designed for a heavier bike, so our light bike doesn't actually push down hard enough?

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
The problem with the stock shocks is that they were to stiff to start with. (along with a few other isssues)

So putting on stiffer shocks is NOT going to be better.

The good news is you can buy soft springs from Progressive and all will be well.

You can also for a small fee, send your shocks back to them and have them do this for you.

Unless you weigh over 265 lbs, you should have the 90/135 springs....but that is on the standard length shock. Shorter shocks might need a somewhat stiffer spring..but am not sure of the best answer here.

A call to Progressive is likely the best route.

KM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts