Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are other threads on progressive springs and have looked at them. One question that hadn't been asked as far as i could see was whether or not you could cut the included spacers down that come in the kit to lower the front of the bike I've lowered the back 1.5"with hd progressive shocks and want to try and keep the geometry close. I'm running stock now and have lowered the forks at the triple tree.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. If you want to lower the front you need to lower the springs not cut the spacers. Guessing the "lowered" springs are shorter....
I believe that they are. I got a hold of progressive and they said that cutting the spacers would make the front softer and that I'd be better off moving them in the triples like I currently have them. I do know that they sell lowering kits, but like everyone else, I've got a budget (spent more than the wife knows about and she's starting to get funky about all the boxes showing up at the door...). denniskirk.com has the standard springs for $67 and the best price I've found on the lowering kit has been ebay for $104. I want to put a new front tire on it too while I've got everything torn apart, so budget is still a big deal.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead with the standard springs. I'm used to having the forks lowered at the tree anyway. The extra $30 goes towards a new set of tires!

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the standard progressives for $67 shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts