Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using these? how do you like them?
is there drastical improvement over correctly tuned stock?

not that i'm unhappy with stock, but i might get some discount on
412's so i'm playing with the idea.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
The PO put progressive shocks on my '95 and I haven't ridden my '03 so I don't know what difference the shocks make. Maybe we should get together (we don't live that far apart) so you can compare

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
tankist said:
anyone using these? how do you like them?
is there drastical improvement over correctly tuned stock?

not that i'm unhappy with stock, but i might get some discount on
412's so i'm playing with the idea.
I have 412's on the rear and springs on the front and love the ride... Huge improvement over OEM... If you ever get up to Crystal Lake, you can take my VN750 out for a spin to see the difference...

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Take your Vulcan out for a spin? Isn't that the one you rode nekkid on?

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
cegodsey said:
Take your Vulcan out for a spin? Isn't that the one you rode nekkid on?
Same bike, different seat. The nekid seat is in a box in the rafters of the garage. Want it???

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow! thanks guys. thats a very nice offer. i actually wanted to suggest/arrange some kind of a ride, maybe to Galena (just an example) but somehow a lot of my and my SO's relatives are born this month and would like us to attend. I also discovered that if you marry in August your anniversary will be also in, yep,august - in the middle of riding season! how crazy is that. so there is another weekend falling of.

bulldog, i plan on attending the next meeting in Arlington hieghts so maybe then. thanks again

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
followup...
i'm trying to figure out if my shocks are going bad so i have the perfect excuse to get the 412's. so far i released all the air from the shocks and set it to 2'nd position ( i weight 160 vs ~280 previos owner) and it got much better but it still feels very bouncy. was at dealership yesterday tried to "jump" on couple of bikes and it felt like the shock is resisting the up and down motion (like it is supposed to do). tried it the same on mine and the resistance felt considerably weaker. what would be the proper way to test the rear shocks?

yestrday as i was braking (can't say very hard) i hit a small bump and bottomed out my front - not pleasant, so i'm really considering to install the front ones. are front springs replaceble in home garage conditions?

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
tankist said:
followup...
yestrday as i was braking (can't say very hard) i hit a small bump and bottomed out my front - not pleasant, so i'm really considering to install the front ones. are front springs replaceble in home garage conditions?
Yes, they can be done at home... http://www.bulldogsbike.com/forkseals.htm

If you want, we can do them at my garage one day...

Chad, you up for Fork Seal Replacement V2???

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
tankist said:
wow! thanks guys. thats a very nice offer. i actually wanted to suggest/arrange some kind of a ride, maybe to Galena (just an example) but somehow a lot of my and my SO's relatives are born this month and would like us to attend. I also discovered that if you marry in August your anniversary will be also in, yep,august - in the middle of riding season! how crazy is that. so there is another weekend falling of.

bulldog, i plan on attending the next meeting in Arlington hieghts so maybe then. thanks again
Chad and I are planning a Windy City VROC Starved Rock run on Sunday, October 1st if you are interested... Damn September is already booked solid...

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
bulldog485 said:
Yes, they can be done at home... http://www.bulldogsbike.com/forkseals.htm

If you want, we can do them at my garage one day...

Chad, you up for Fork Seal Replacement V2???
Let me know when and keep the beer cold:beerchug:
I still need to do mine, I might get them and we can have a spring party.
Chad

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
wow! thats a very generous offer guys! let me know when you have time,what do i need to get besides springs (fork oil, seals, dust seals, ...) and what beer you like (i don't bad either).

any kind of ride sounds great!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok, ordered the springs. progressive also offers some kinda lowering kit. is that the replacement pipe (insted of cutting the existent one)?
i looked through part diagram on bikebandit.com and while i'm pretty sure what to get i still wan't to double check:
92093 SEAL,FORK - 633108-001
92049: SEAL-OIL,FORK - 627594-001
sounds right? anything else i neet ot get?
anything you might need to get? (we might save some money on shipping...)

all, any off you ordered stuff from bikebandit.com? good price/service?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
How much was the springs, I need a set for my bike. Dont want the lowering kit just the springs.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
65$. i also was offered the 412's for 215, will do it later probably.i suspect that i will be required to pay IL tax on it but no shipping. chromeandleatherplus.com is in wheeling so will pick up a set in person.
the springs are not posted on his site yet since he in proccess of rebuilding it. actually he contracted me to mine the website of progressive suspention for the data (progressive suspention couldn't or didn't want to provide their catalog in electronic form).

should i order a set for you?

maybee i will be able to arrange a group buy. any one else interested?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chad, just a thought:
the seals are ~12.50. we need 2 fo each fork (seal and dust seal) that's rughly 50$ a bike +shipping. I get the springs, you get the seals and we settle the rest later. how does it sound?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I dont need seals, I was just gonna do the springs. My seals arnt leaking, uou dont have to do the seals when you do the springs. You can get the springs out the top and not mess with the seals.
Have you talkes with chromeandleatherplus.com, I don't know if they have a pick up window.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ccspinner said:
I dont need seals, I was just gonna do the springs. My seals arnt leaking, uou dont have to do the seals when you do the springs. You can get the springs out the top and not mess with the seals.
Have you talkes with chromeandleatherplus.com, I don't know if they have a pick up window.
no seals? the procedure i read on bulldogs site says it hard to remove them without damaging. are you saying there is no need to open the entire thing to change just the spring?

i dont think they have a pickup window either. i was going to pick it up from his home or office.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Mark said:
You need (2) new c-clips that go into the top of the forks. The kaw p/n is 92033-1201.
thanks Mark. i called Ccspinner yesterday and we discussed the entire proccess of changing springs without changing seals.
thanks for the p/n. where do you order parts? they are 3.67 on bikebandit.com

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Bulldog seals were leaking which was why he replaced them. As Chad said, unless your seals are bad, you don't need to replace them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts