Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my stock seat pan reupholstered by a professional company using a durable simulated leather. You can tell from the photo this is nothing like the original stock - It's extremely plush!
Asking 250 plus shipping..
DSC00544.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
That's the first time I recall seeing that paint scheme. Looks good! Good luck with the seat.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I had my stock seat pan reupholstered by a professional company using a durable simulated leather. You can tell from the photo this is nothing like the original stock - It's extremely plush!
Asking 250 plus shipping..
View attachment 10770

View attachment 10778
Your bike is striking. I love that seat! Also, where did you get the tank leather?

·
Registered
936 Posts
That is nice looking. Did the new seat raise you up?

Was the bike painted that way when you got it? Or did you do it (or have it done)?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, all these nice comments! Thanks!
It was a bit rusted when I got it, so I had it painted pearl white. I like that look too.

Eusjma, the seat did push me up a little from the stock, and definitely from the corbin that's on there now. I was comfortable on the seat, feet flat on the ground and my inseam is only 29-30.

Goofyfoot2001 I don't remember where I purchased the panel, but the new owner (friend of mine) doesn't use it anymore. He thinks that splashed gasoline gets stuck under there and caused corrosion. If you'd like to try it I can see if he'll give it up or sell it.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Wow, all these nice comments! Thanks!
It was a bit rusted when I got it, so I had it painted pearl white. I like that look too.

Eusjma, the seat did push me up a little from the stock, and definitely from the corbin that's on there now. I was comfortable on the seat, feet flat on the ground and my inseam is only 29-30.

Goofyfoot2001 I don't remember where I purchased the panel, but the new owner (friend of mine) doesn't use it anymore. He thinks that splashed gasoline gets stuck under there and caused corrosion. If you'd like to try it I can see if he'll give it up or sell it.
If it's ungodly cheap sure. I never splash gas. In fact, sometimes people will come over just to see what the heck I'm working on so intently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts