Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Carbs arrived yesterday, jonesing too much had to ride today. Probably will install em on sunday and test em out. See if I gotta do a rebuild on em or not. Got another Idea for the paint job this weekend at a party. P40 warhawk paint scheme. What do you think?

·
Registered
126 Posts
army green or camo?

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Ya do know that if ya do a paint theme like that you've gotta add ammo can saddlebags right? <g>

Seriously - if it was done right it'd look pretty cool.

If it was done wrong your bike would be in the same class as mine <g>

·
Registered
722 Posts
Could be pretty cool!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
maybe some .30 cal machine guns to go with the ammo cans!

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
And ya can't forget the tailgunner exhaust! http://tinyurl.com/398f2t

Fergy - the turn signals sound interesting... happen to have a link? I looked real quick but didn't see what you were referring to. Since they are at JP I'm sure they'll be hideously priced, but it'd be interesting to see em.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cammo, sharkstooth grin on the front of the tank, Flying tiger star on the side panels, mabey a flying tiger symbol on the front fender. Ammo can saddle bags sounds like a good touch. Then I gotta find an old leather flying helmet and gogles to ride with LOL!!!

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
If ya do decide to do ammo can saddlebags, search the forum and take a look at what I did. I can take better pics if ya decide to do the same and want to do something similar. I modified the bags so that they're "hinged" (post pictures)at the back for easier one hand loading and unloading. The cans I used are just a little bigger than a large laptop bag and are TOUGH (rear crash guards?).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is what the plane looks like.

Hope this works

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This one shows some of the graphics better, such as the sun and the tiger.

Attachments

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
That could most definitely look very bad ass. It could also look like farmer Joe had just enough spray paint left after rattle can camouflaging his old ford pickup to do his bike ;-) (not necessarily a bad thing - but I don't think that's what you are going for).

I'd definitely play with the graphics in photoshop or your favorite image editing program to see how it'd look when it all came together. OR throw caution to the wind and just do it.

If I like what ya do (if ya do it) I just might have to steal some of your ideas (though I'm afraid that if I did it it'd look like farmer Joe's bike referenced above).

On the positive side, if ya get the tins painted and it looks like crap ya can allways pick up basic black or the like and re-paint them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I can always try it myself. A good friend of mine has a brother that paints bikes and cars and boats, He said he cold do me a paint job for about $300. I may let him take a shot at this one.

Figure I'll probably give it a try myself first. I can always get a pro job later.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Wasn't there someone here a year or three ago that was going to do something similar?
I tried a search, but found nothing. I think it was a pilot that was thinking about it.

It would look good, seeing as the Vulcan does have a bit of an aggressive stance to it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts