Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
if you have access to the tools lance did a great write up on rebuilding the forks. you might try doing it yourself

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hey,

Some guy wants to charge me two fifty to do the fork seals. Is that about right?
Around here that is pricey,no way for me!

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
after my tank i am just afraid to let anyone else touch my bike. if you can read (and comprehend) you can do anything.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
I am doing my fork seals tomorrow i will let you know how long it takes.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
after my tank i am just afraid to let anyone else touch my bike. if you can read (and comprehend) you can do anything.
I totally agree. I may not be the smartest or the fastest...but if I have good reading and comprehending skills....i am very confident in most anything with a manual or instruction. Thats the awesome thing about this forum...instructions to follow...to the letter. Eventually the concepts and hands on application leads to familiarity. I do appreciate it.

·
MO Rider
66 Posts
How often should the fork oil be changed? Think previous owner changed. I've had going on three years.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Hey,

Some guy wants to charge me two fifty to do the fork seals. Is that about right?
If you don't want ot do it yourself it is a good price. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
As mech jobs go, this is easy. Check the dust seals for repair too. New fluid in the forks is cheap so you can 'tune' them to your riding style. Check your disk pads while you got her opened up.

DT

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got my forks redone at the stealership for $200 I did not feel comfortable doing it myself but given the forum and having the right tools I would reconsider! Just my .02

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
whats the cost on do it yourself route, I think mine are about due!

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
whats the cost on do it yourself route, I think mine are about due!
Depending on where you get the seals between $45.00-$80.00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts