Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after alot of thought I decided I kinda like the look of the "ears" but the fins on them were the hardest part to get past, so I made some carbon fiber inserts let me know if you think this looks ok ~as far as the Ears go anyway~ hahaha

Please ignore the blisterd chrome :(

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
nice, anyway you can make me a set that has a ram air intake?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wasnt any need to. the black "finned" ones just popped off, I used them as a pattern to cut the carbon fiber sheet, I used a large pair of sissors to cut the fiber, after its cut sized and edges filed smooth I used some 3-M double sided tape, but after doing that I wasnt real happy with the security of it, so I drilled 3 holes and used very small bolts with acorn nuts, a nice stainless rivet would look good also. Unlike sheetmetel the carbon sheet will bend but it wont stay bent and the filter isnt flat so the bolts were the best option for me.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Jaackil - Try eBay. They always got some kinda carbon fiber sheeting. Just look for the vn750 parts (or the link off the main forum page).

Rick - I'd like to see what's under the fins. How did you blister your chrome?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jaackil said:
Where did you get the Carbon Fiber sheets?
Sorry for not posting here ALLOT sooner the sheets came from where I work they are rejected dash pannels for the f-22 raptor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cegodsey said:
Jaackil - Try eBay. They always got some kinda carbon fiber sheeting. Just look for the vn750 parts (or the link off the main forum page).

Rick - I'd like to see what's under the fins. How did you blister your chrome?
I am not sure how the "chrome" got blisterd it was that way when I got the bike.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Yeah, after I saw other older bikes, I saw that the chrome had blistered on them as well. Wonder if it's an age thing or a flaw thing.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Rick_in_WA said:
the sheets came from where I work they are rejected dash pannels for the f-22 raptor.
Really, that's cool, not just carbon fiber 'look' !!
Now we know the Vulcan is capable of handling fighter/attack aircraft components !!
Hmmm, got any extra Pratt & Whitney's sittin' around there I could try to stuff into my bike ?? I'll give a good write up & take lots of pics, to make it easier for anyone else that might want to try it. LOL

Looks good Rick !

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
hummm that would be crazy!!! being i work for a company that distributes aircraft parts, i know how strong those engines are..... I would love to see a Ninja with a Rolls Royce 250 engine (this is their popular helicopter engine) mounted in it. I bet you could pull a wheelie at 200 plus....if you had the balls.

too bad you would need a huge gas tank....our little tank wouldn't get us out of the city limits lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
I like that . nice. I was thinking for mine to cut out the ribbed part and replace it with a fine mesh screen. that would be cool plus it would breath much better. KRAWDAD7.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Hizzo3 said:
I would love to see a Ninja with a Rolls Royce 250 engine (this is their popular helicopter engine) mounted in it. I bet you could pull a wheelie at 200 plus....if you had the balls.
Well of course you couldn't do that, 'cause the blades would cut off those balls.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
How about these bikes .....

Radial powered <link
Jesse James at it again <link

Also, Krawdad, I'd be willing to bet, if ya open the 'ears' up too much, you'll need to re-jet.
Atleast, I'd found out that with no covers on the 'ears' the bike runs like crap anywhere above about 3800 RPM's.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
No covers on the ears makes it run like crap? I'm glad you said this. I've been thinking about getting the ears from a part-out and putting little scoops on 'em, but I think you just saved me some money. Thanks, man.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Careful about which carbon fiber stuff you buy. The cheap stuff is really vinyl printed to look like fiber.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts