Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
College Biker
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im getting ready to pull the bike out of storage for the year and ive been putting it off but i have a problem that needs to be addressed.
Last year I went through 3 batteries. When I pulled out each one it appeared to be bulging, and a friend of mine told me something was over charging the batteries. So anyone know any problems that where common wit the 92s that i might be able to fix? I was told maybe the alternator but im hoping its a little more simpler.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The vn750 (1986-2006) was changed very little over its 20 year production span, so I can't think of anything specific with a '92 that would cause your symptoms. Can you tell us a little more about what kind of battery you've been using? Is it maintenance free? What kind of voltages are you getting at the battery terminals? Any other details you can give will help.

John

·
Registered
900 Posts
I would first get an AGM battery.. then check your R/R and Stator per the manual and this site.. you will need a voltmeter to do the checks.. there are some pretty good write ups on how to do this on this web site.

·
College Biker
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not shure what the volts are, but it is not a MF but its a $60 (on sale) thats for ATVs and i was told it would be good for my bike. But ill look around for that AGM and do the testing. but i gotta tare apart the bike to figure out the rest (what is it exsactly) and ill get back to you.

·
Registered
900 Posts
you shouldnt need to tear it down jsut yet..with the voltmeter its easy to check the wires from the stator and the R/R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts