Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All -
Got the project bike back together - she looks great, but even though I had the throttle plates pretty close when I reinstalled the carbs on the bike, the carbs are way off. When I went to sync the rear carb to the front, I noticed that the idle adjust screw was turned all the way in, i.e., the throttle linkage was at its maximum in relation to the idle adjust. Moreover, the idle was low (about 900 rpm). I'm in the process of pulling the carbs yet again (I really can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. Really.), but anyone have thoughts on what I missed when I installed them the first time? I've done this so many times now, usually without any major problems, but this has me a little baffled. :confused:
 

·
Giggity!
Joined
·
4,307 Posts
I wish I had advise for ya. I just haven't had an issue to remove the carb. The only thing I know is the adjustment is very subtle to have a big effect... but you already know that. Could something be on a bind, not alowing adjustment?
 

·
The Professor
Joined
·
3,147 Posts
Check and see if the stop is bent. :beerchug:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check and see if the stop is bent. :beerchug:
I'll check when I get the buggers off the bike, but I think the stop is ok. The bike only has 2000 miles on it, and the reason PO sold was because she wasn't riding it enough. So lots of rust to clean up, but almost no mechanical problems to work on. Hmmmm....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't look like anything's bent (assuming that there's about a 1-2mm gap between the stop and the bracket holding the idle adjust screw); but I did discover that the idle adjust screw contraption was kinda coming apart. That rubber piece that connects the knob to the actual screw mechanism was slipping off either end, so when I went to adjust out (to increase the rpms), nothing was happening (which led me to believe the adjustment was at max). I'm gonna use some super-heavy-duty adhesive glue to cinch the rubber connector to the respective parts and see if that doesn't help. Blech - so much fun! Too bad there's only one set of carbs on these bikes. lol
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top