Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a cheap tank and front fender so I can cut out my own stencils for a custom paint job and practice painting. I'm looking on e-bay too I figured I'd try here since I'd obviously need one of our tanks. It can be in pretty much any condition, it just needs to be the right size. If you're looking to get rid of scrap I'll pay shipping...

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I just used 1/16 inch fine line tape on the tank to do layout and kept changing it until it looked right. Then set out masking, took a while but the tape goes on and comes off real easy. Just don't be in a rush. You can always find things to practice spraying on such as the grill (did a flame job on a few) mower, coffee cans, kid's toys they don't play with........ I do not recommend spraying family members or pets, gets messy.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
i got a tank but i have to wait till insurance clears it.... unfortunatly it is the wrong tank its off a vulcan 900 classic, a couple mods and it does fit but i have feeling that this isnt gonna work for ya... one theres a huge dent in the side and 2 its not a 750 tank...

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
You could practice on the neighbors car late at night. lol :doh::doh:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
You could practice on the neighbors car late at night. lol :doh::doh:
If you know any poor students driving an old beater, maybe they will let you practice on it. Any paint looks better than rust doesn`t it? :smiley_th LOL Good luck with the paint job.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I practiced painting some flames on my wifes high priced vacuum cleaner, and while it sure seemed like a good idea at the time, turns out I was wrong, and can't really say what I was thinking...

I think Wkrizan has a tank or two laying around, but I could be wrong. Seems to me he bought one to make a bigger one, and had a damaged one or something...you could shoot him a PM. ;)

And for pete's sake, be careful what you do decide to practice painting on.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I practiced painting some flames on my wifes high priced vacuum cleaner, and while it sure seemed like a good idea at the time, turns out I was wrong, and can't really say what I was thinking...
Heeeeeere's your sign... :doh:

--FA

·
Intelligent Redneck
270 Posts
My wife wants a pic of the vacuum cleaner :smiley_th

I have a dented tank off of an '82 Honda V45 Magna... its about the same size. $10 plus shipping and it's yours.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

I think Wkrizan has a tank or two laying around, but I could be wrong. Seems to me he bought one to make a bigger one, and had a damaged one or something...you could shoot him a PM. ;)

Hey Doug, is your new avatar a pic of the vacumn pump out of the wifes vacumn cleaner? That thing looks powerful enough to suck the paint right off the tank! I would have paid money to see the expression your wife`s face, the first time she saw the custom paint job on her vacumn. LOL

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

X2 on the pics of vacumn

Hey Doug, is your new avatar a pic of the vacumn pump out of the wifes vacumn cleaner? That thing looks powerful enough to suck the paint right off the tank! I would have paid money to see the expression your wife`s face, the first time she saw the custom paint job on her vacumn. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts