Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys who have hooked up a power connection (cigarette lighter plug-in type), where did you attach it on the bike?? Got my Ram mount for GPS, and need to figure out where to put the power supply.

Thanks in advance.

Dudley

·
Redneck on a rice burner
179 Posts
I put mine in my trunk, but have seen them on the handle bars & behind the side covers......Get creative. It's YOUR bike.:motorcycl

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I have the ram mount and quick connect to battery...i was planning on using that with the cig lighter ..battery tender connector....hope it doesnt fry the stator

·
Live And Let Live
20 Posts
I have a 2005 and mine has accessory leads inside of the headlamp housing.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I have a 2005 and mine has accessory leads inside of the headlamp housing.
Every one has these Power leads... What he is asking here is where to mount the Cig Lighter Socket so he can use his GPS, charge a Celli, or do any thing else that a cig socket power adapter can offer...

There are simple power blocks with a switch you can buy from JC Whitney, that mount on the Bars next to the normal switches, you could drill a hole into the Handle Bar Riser cover and mount it inside the cover, you could get a simple one screw mount and drill a hole into the riser and screw it in that way... Get creative... I mounted my cig light socket inside my Right side cover. I am trying to find a way to mount one under the Neck Covers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I'll let you know what I decide.

Dudley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts