Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen some pretty amazing powder coating on Motorcycles so I went to see someone in Trenton who does this type of work. After speaking with him and seeing all the choices I thought about going with a textured black look for the tank and fenders. I'm also going to do the bottom of the forks and passenger peg mounts. I'm dropping off the stuff early next week and was wondering if anyone has any preferences for color other then black. I was going for the slightly bad boy look as opposed to the flashy look but I could be wrong. There are allot of choices out there. In addition I'm thinking of having my rims done as well. I think the bike in all black would look great but I have to admit I've seen some of the painted rims and I'm not too crazy about that look. Here are some colors. Does anyone have a preference if it were their bike?

http://www.trgcoating.com/color_chart.php

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice colors. I'm kind of partial to the black chrome for the forks and maybe the metallic forest green for the tank and fender. Although, if I was going to do the forks in black chrome I'd have to do a few more pieces the same way.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, the link isn't working for me?

But anyways... I'm more partial to a blackened out bike rather than alot of chrome/flash also.
So far I've only had my garage-made saddlebag brackets powder coated in a satin black, but I'm planning on getting the grab/sissy bar, rear rack & gas cap and maybe the round center part of the clutch & stator cover done too. Probably just do a rattle can job on the gauges, and maybe the dash, ears & turnsignals.

I also have a black version of the chrome trim some people put on the fenders (haven't put it on the tank yet).

And, although it'd look good, I probably won't do the wheels. Atleast until I see what everything else looks like coated and on the bike.

I will leave some chrome, but not much.

Oh, and I'll probably leave the tins all painted as they are. I like the colors of the '99's & '00's

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen some two tones with dark grey on the tank and fenders and textured black on the rims and exhaust. The engine was still silver. Looked sweet. I was thinking of taking the heat shields off the pipes and black powder coating them ...could be painful. What do you think? I told my girl if she stands still I'd have her black powder coated too. She threw a shoe at me....She's Italian and Irish and dosen't stand still for much lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
go with the neon green lol

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Now a Gloss Purple frame and Neon Pink Tins would definitely be an attention getter. Probably wouldn't do much for that "Bad Boy" image though...

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neon Pink? Am I suppose to ride only at night? lol

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Now a Gloss Purple frame and Neon Pink Tins would definitely be an attention getter. Probably wouldn't do much for that "Bad Boy" image though...
If you go with this color scheme and live through it........ you "are" a bad boy!! :doh:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like the isea of the texurted black for the tank and fenders. Was thinking of doing the same but painting the bike is a few years out.

I like the idea of painting the rims but if I do it I plan on leaving the outer ring and the raised part of the spoked un painted to give it kind of a spoke look.

Also if you are painting the exhaust parts make sure that the paint will stand up to the heat.

I am not sure how hot the exhaust and engine get but it might burn the paint off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts