Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone, new here to the forum. I'm not an owner of a Vulcan *yet* but will hopefully change that soon. I'm looking at maybe buying up a bit of a project for the winter, but I'm having some trouble figuring what is or might be the main problem the PO is telling me. Bike in question is a '92 Vulcan 750. It was parked a few years ago covered up and he's saying he parked it because the (quoting him here) "Hydraulic clutch master cylinder went out. No fluid pressure to operate the slave cylinder" However in my so far brief amount of researching I've been doing, I can't find anything about a clutch master nor slave, only clutch cables. He MAY be referring to the brakes, I'm not 100% sure until I go see it in person, but I'm curious as to what this might be if there is a hydraulic clutch on this bike. I know the bigger brothers like the 1500 have them, but can't find anything about the 750. Thanks in advance!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
if it has a clutch master cylinder it's not a Vn750

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any way to tell from this picture of it? I know it's pretty dirty and dusty, but hopefully it'll be a diamond in the rough.

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
nope,that's a 1500

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, okay then. Might have a bit of a score here then, depending on the shape it's in overall. He's only asking $300 for it

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
I'd buy it for $300.Vulcan Forums(just type Vulcan forums into a search engine and it should show up)would be a really good place for information on the 1500 as this site caters to the 750,and not much if anything is the same between the two.good luck with it

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
yup. I'd have to say that is a HBUBF! 1500. LOL either way. at $300, yeah it's a steal!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Butt Ugly But Fast.a common joke in the Vulcan community

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
Curious; what does HBUBF mean? Lol I'm really hoping I can make something of this
"HBUBF" = hairy butt ugly, but FAST! LOL and they are! the 1500 is the fastest cruiser (out of the Vulcans) Kawasaki made! >:)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
lol that one is hairy,but has potential

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, very nice! Lol I'm not looking for nor will I be a speed demon, but having the extra power on tap for longer rides and pulling hills is something I will very much appreciate! If I get this one, I'd be upgrading from an old Ninja 500 :) That 500cc mill and my fat 250lbs butt don't like each other much....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Ah, very nice! Lol I'm not looking for nor will I be a speed demon, but having the extra power on tap for longer rides and pulling hills is something I will very much appreciate! If I get this one, I'd be upgrading from an old Ninja 500 :) That 500cc mill and my fat 250lbs butt don't like each other much....
those 1500's are a good motor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've heard they can do over 100K miles very well with proper maintenance. Couple that with the shaft drive, I think it's a clear winner in my book. I personally despise chain maintenance :grin2:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
I've heard they can do over 100K miles very well with proper maintenance. Couple that with the shaft drive, I think it's a clear winner in my book. I personally despise chain maintenance :grin2:
you and me both. been there, done that. no thanks. :|

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
I believe the "Mouth of the South" has a 1500, and he's no small guy. he calls his "The Beast". I believe he has done wheelies on his. :surprise: it's one mean machine!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man, y'all are helping get my psyched up on this thing! Makes me wanna just make the drive and show up unannounced! :D

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
I believe the "Mouth of the South" has a 1500, and he's no small guy. he calls his "The Beast". I believe he has done wheelies on his. :surprise: it's one mean machine!
how's Denny doing?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
Any way to tell from this picture of it? I know it's pretty dirty and dusty, but hopefully it'll be a diamond in the rough.
I think you'd be surprised once you cleaned it up. again, $300 is a steal. yeah, I know it may need a little work, but still, a diamond in the rough all the same. I'd say go for it. I mean, really, it's $300! hell, you say he's only asking for $300, who knows, maybe you can get it for cheaper?! >:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts