Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to post pics to a thread? Or give a link to a thread to do it? There is a picture icon in the post box and when you click on it, it asks "Please enter the URL of your image". Sorry folks, I'm an analog guy in a digital world. :loser1: Any help would be appreciated.

-jim

·
2,519 Posts
The easiest way I found was to download my pics to Photobucket, then copy the URL from the picture you want to post, then click on the picture icon and insert your copy.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
click go advanced then scroll down to manage attachments

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I use Xanga...

I use xanga.com...have for years...its free and no annoying ads like some of the others...you add to you album (easy interface) then just add the link with the image html tag...best Ive seen...and no tracking cookies, or adverts.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I just went to photobucket hovered over the pic and got a drop down, then clicked on the IMG code and it said copied, then I pasted it in the reply box and there it is... So easy an Old Dog can do it, and if I can who can't...lol...:beerchug:...

Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Photobucket...

Photobucket is fine I guess if you just post a single image with html code, but if you post a link to the image, 50 tracking/advert cookies at least, lol...thats why I went Xanga.
That pic above reminds me of my Catskills btw...

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I do the same as olddog that way you have a nice large pic in the post.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Still in the Dark...

I'll level with you guys. I get kinda wordy-in trying to keep it simple I left out some key information. I'm in school & have some online classes. We are required to post several Cat Scan images of different pathologies from various internet website searches. I tried to get help from my teacher in posting images but after no response from her in days found out she's very ill (ca), is in & out of the hospital and don't want to bother her with my ignorance. You all are so helpful here with my bike problems I thought I could leach more help here for school.

Basically on the school's site there are two ways to post pics. The 1st way is a "browse" feature which I actually figured out on my own:loser1:. The downside to that is I can only post 1 picture and that's it (and several are required). The other way to post images is just like a method here on VN750.com, that little "pic" icon when you are posting a message on a thread. When you click on it, it says "Please enter the URL of your image".

If possible, I need step by step instructions for a 3rd grader how to do that. There are only 5 other people in this class, entirely online, no classroom. Two of them tell me they don't know how to do it, the other 3 don't answer my emails (I assume too busy; FT work, FT school like me) but I am sure they are knowledgable in how cuz I can see their work online and they've done it. Sorry so wordy, appreciate all the help so far but none of it makes any sense to me. I would be forever grateful to the kind soul who takes pity on me and the time to help...

This is my first computer. Bought it in May for school. Maybe I need instructions for a 1st grader instead just to be safe.

-jim

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Jim are the pictures on your hard drive that you need to upload or on a photo site like flickr or photobucket?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
As simple as I can make it.

1. Right click with your mouse on the immage you are viewing online & wish to link.

2. At the bottom of the subwindow that opens, click on "Properties".

3. In the opened Properties window you will see aproximately half way down an
Address: (Information to copy, web listing)
(URL)
Click this line 3 times to highlight it's entrity or click at either end of the listing & drag while still holding the mouse button to highlite.

4. Once highlited, right click the mouse to open another subwindow & click on copy. You can also use Ctrl + C to copy. Close the Properties window.

5. Go to your choice of image entering selection (The image button like here), open it, delete any information already there as you have already copied the "http://" & don't want to double post that. Right click the dialog line which will open another subwindow & choose paste or Ctrl + V to paste.

6. Click ok. It will show up as a code line until you post the posting.

As a side note. Posting images from such sites like Photobucket may not show, ending up with a small box with a red x. This is most likely from a firewall filter. Here at work I can not even see my pics in my signature due to our filter here. It blocks all multimedia.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Some times you can right or left click the little x and window comes up that says "show picture". Some times it will open the picture.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Heh...

As a side note. Posting images from such sites like Photobucket may not show, ending up with a small box with a red x. This is most likely from a firewall filter. Here at work I can not even see my pics in my signature due to our filter here. It blocks all multimedia.
...another reason NOT to use Photobucket...*wink*...look at my intro thread...do all my pics show, are they large, clear ?...and no annoying adverts.
Photobucket went downhill years ago. When posting over 20 thumbs in a thread, Ive been using Imagevenue...no probs there either, but they do have a few small ads, yet no tracking cookies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts