Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 145 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Frickin sweet dude !!! :smiley_th
Bet it'd look really hot with rubber boots over the fork uppers (makes the front end look beefier)...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now I'm done

Built for my son-in-law but I really like it, what was i thinking:doh:
Mods:
Lengthened driveshaft - Pass seat, sissy bar removed - exhaust to rt side, little muffs added - headlight brackets changed, small turn sigs - taillight/lic mount - speedo, tack, gas gauge, temp gauge removed - digital speedo - clipon bars, upside down - oil tem gauge added - coasters - ear shave - de-goated - de-smogged - yammy petcock - flat blk everthing
I'll have to do another post for more pix and the link will give you a video of the finished project

Eight month build. My first VN750 but maybe not my last, I'm impressed with the power and the handling

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
here's a custom exhaust,upside down front 300 discs 2 4pot caliper,. 17"rear wheel with 2pot disc brake.more work pending...seat high 50cm plus padding photo0042_001.jpg

photo0042_001_001.jpg

photo0046_001.jpg

Photo0050.jpg also done engine work now is 890cc no pics of that only stats

·
Registered
263 Posts
Vnni, very nice :rockon:
Is it as loud as I think it must be ? Pipes look great:smiley_th
o yes,cranked her over and let it idle a bit,couldn't wait till finished and they sound awsome.will try to put 2-1 carb mod in,got inspired again by wolf

·
just bought 86 750 vulcan
18 Posts
Frickin sweet dude !!! :smiley_th
Bet it'd look really hot with rubber boots over the fork uppers (makes the front end look beefier)...
Thanks. This is my first "project" bike. I've been thinking about putting some "gaitors" on it. I"m wanting to move the foot pegs back about 6 inches and add some highway pegs for when i want to stretch out. With the clip-ons and the spring seat i'd be more comfortable with my feet back torward me some. I just haven't figured out how to tackle that yet.:doh:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
To get what you want, add floorboards mounted towards the rear, add any kind hiway pegs, and gaiters just slip on...check Fenris's post on his bike, I posted the right size for gaiters and a link in there. Theyre cheap...I paid $12 I think.
If ya look around here some, and search stuff like "floorboard", "hiway pegs", and "fork boots/gaiters", a ton of stuff will come up...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I just added a heel-toe shifter for my FWD controls (no pics tonight)....was too tough for me to get under the shifter with heavy boots on....changed the pattern too....now its like the old bikes were....one up, 4 down....

·
Registered
10 Posts
What was done to get it to stage 1?
I removed the highway pegs, passenger foot pegs, exhaust system, sissy bar bracket, cut the seat and stapled the leather to the underside of the plastic seat pan. I also relocated the license plate to the left side shock mount. I couldn't find a way to mount the seat effectively so I used a heavy duty zip tie (smart right?). Well that only lasted 2 days before moving on to stage 2. Quite a few people wanted me to keep it at stage 1. But I'm stubborn and am looking for the bobber/hard tail look.:smiley_th

Attachments

41 - 60 of 145 Posts